Advice Needed: Peavey T-15 tuners

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
peavey_dreamin

Advice Needed: Peavey T-15 tuners

Post by peavey_dreamin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi, guys. I got a lead on my dream T-15 with amp case an I'm going to check it out tomorrow. The guy says it's in 9/10 condition. I noticed I haven't ever seen the tuners on it has on a T-15 before. They look like Gotoh individual little P shaped ones vs the line of Kluson tuners I've seen. He thought they were original. Are they? If not, could I easily restore it or is "the damage done"

Worth 350 CAD for the potentially modified guitar with case? anything else I should check for before buying?

Really appreciate the support on here!

Can't post a pic but here is the link to the listing while it's up:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/london/1 ... 1290535634

Frank N. Peavey

Re: Advice Needed: Peavey T-15 tuners

Post by Frank N. Peavey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 am

Non-stock tuners that a previous owner installed.
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, T-20, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2

VSW

Re: Advice Needed: Peavey T-15 tuners

Post by VSW » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Obviously not original, notice the empty screw holes.

One thing to consider, how do they work? You might want to play it a while before you make a decision.

Price wise, that's a decision for you. It looks like it's in pretty good shape otherwise.

The case looks good-I had one of those on my original Patriot. Personally, I don't consider the in-case amp much more than a novelty but my case didn't have one so...It certainly doesn't detract from the value.

Shipping costs?

If I were looking for a T-15, I'd probably buy it. There's one on eBay just like it, amp-in-case and all. Even has original tuners. The back's a little beat up, though. Of course, it's $399 American, local pickup only, in Delaware. I'm thinking that 350 CAD sounds pretty good.
Vaughan