Peavey HP Signature EXP date & origin and suitable case?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
WarblingOtter

Peavey HP Signature EXP date & origin and suitable case?

Post by WarblingOtter » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 am

I am trying to asceratain the date and origin of my Peavey Guitar. See the photos below.
There are no stickers or serial numbers.
It would seem that the pickups are quite unique compared to most I have seen and also the fact that it has chrome fitments and not gold like some more modern guitars. There is a link on youtube,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhb-VJeW8AQ, to a guitar very close to mine but even this guitar seems to have black control knobs and not the colour I have on mine. Any help would be appreciated. I am also trying to find a suitable case. My fender Strat case is not suitable due to the position on the 3-a-side tuners. I need a case where the tuning pegs are not touching the actual floor or ceiling of the case. By the way, this has 24 frets.

:wink: PS I also have a USA made , 1991, Peavey Predator in Black and a Peavey EXP ACM, in sunburst, with builtin ODD switch. I am a Peavey fan through and through.
Attachments
IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg (194.81 KiB) Viewed 7569 times
Peavey EXP.jpg
Peavey EXP.jpg (38.97 KiB) Viewed 7569 times

ramblin390

Re: Peavey HP Signature EXP date & origin and suitable case?

Post by ramblin390 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:42 am

looks like t60 p/u's check the code on the pots for a approx date
Buscarino Strat/Peavey Firenza P-90-BBE Wah-Mi Audio Blues Pro-OCD V4-MXR 6 EQ-MXR Tc Electronic Corona + Flashback-Peavey Classic 30 Head-Avatar 2x12 cab.

WarblingOtter

Post by WarblingOtter » Tue May 01, 2012 5:03 am

Thanks for the infor,mation. I checked the pots and al I can see is 'ALPHA' and the letters B5

there may be more after the B5 but I cannot tell becasue of the soldering.

txflood

Post by txflood » Thu May 24, 2012 4:22 pm

I would say that you have the HP Signature Blues model just like the title in the You Tube video you referenced. I have a black HP Signature EXP (not the Blues model) and I can see from your pictures some key differences that seem to be present in the Blues model - the mini-humbucker pickups, the tuners, and the non-gold hardware.

There is a Peavey news article here that talks about the Blues EX model and says it also has a chambered body. Not sure what the story is on a Blues EXP model vs EX.

The original HP Signature EXP models as far as I can tell were made in Korea and the EX models were from China and Indonesia. I don't know if that also applies to the Blues flavor of these guitars or not. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information around on the HP Signature models in general.

WarblingOtter

Post by WarblingOtter » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Many thanks TXFLOOD. :D

therealjoeblow

Post by therealjoeblow » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:57 am

I know this is an old thread, but since it was left wanting for a bit of info, and I just picked up a fantastic Signature EXP myself this week that is 10+ years old, but is essentially like-new as the previous/original owner almost never played it, I thought I would fill in some gaps here on the various models that were available over time.

From the official Peavey page c.2005 courtesy of the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20051024042 ... Series.cfm

Named for Peavey's founder, Hartley Peavey, the HP Signature Series is the ultimate refinement of the playability, tone, style and technology Peavey has developed over the past 40 years.

"I wanted to build a guitar that encompassed everything I’ve learned during my many years of designing and making guitars.

We’ve pioneered a lot of technologies that are now industry standards, and we build each HP Signature guitar on that solid foundation, using the finest selected woods, hardware and pickups for brilliant tone as well as a distinctive, unmistakable appearance."

- Hartley Peavey

====================================================
HP Signature Series EX
Item # 00531590
MSRP: $399.99

The HP Signature Series EX double-cutaway guitar is the result of years designing, engineering and manufacturing guitars. Named after Peavey's founder and CEO, Hartley Peavey, the HP Signature EX guitar is an excellent value for the working musician. The agathis body with maple veneer gives the HP Signature EX guitar the perfect combination of lightweight comfort and sexy looks players desire. Standard features include Grover® tuning gears, humbucking pickups and a stop tailpiece with Tune-o-matic bridge.

Features
  • -24 3/4 inch scale, set-neck guitar with a one-piece maple neck
    -Rosewood fretboard with white synthetic binding on neck
    -Flame maple veneer top on a three-piece agathis body
    -22 frets
    -Grover® die-cast machine heads with 18:1 ratio, dual torsion rod
    -Tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece
    -Two humbucking pickups
    -One master tone and two master volume controls with three-way switch
    -Gold-plated hardware
    -Case not included
    (Made in China)

HP Signature Series EXP
Item # 00531540
MSRP: $699.99

The HP Signature Series EXP double-cutaway guitar is the culmination of 40 years of design, engineering and manufacturing excellence. Named after Peavey's founder and CEO, Hartley Peavey, the HP Signature EXP guitar is an exact replica of the HP signature USA model guitar. Three-piece mahogany back and veneer maple top set the stage for a great sounding and looking instrument. A solid mahogany neck with ebony fretboard makes this guitar a player's dream come true.

Features
  • -24 3/4 inch scale set-neck guitar with a one-piece mahogany neck
    -Ebony fretboard with white synthetic binding on neck
    -Quilted maple veneer top on a three-piece mahogany body
    -24 frets
    -Grover die-cast machine heads with 18:1 ratio, dual torsion rod, and Tune-o-matic bridge with dual compression tailpiece with string-through tubes
    -Two humbucking pickups
    -Gold-plated hardware
    -Case not included
    (Made in Korea)

HP Signature Series USA Custom
Item # 00531500
MSRP: $2,399.99

The HP Signature Series double-cutaway guitar is a compilation of years of designing, engineering and manufacturing guitars in the USA. Named after Peavey's founder and CEO, Hartley Peavey, the HP Signature guitar is destined to be a "must have" for musicians and collectors alike. Made of the finest choice woods, the HP Signature is constructed of a one-piece mahogany back laminated with a hand-selected, thick quilt maple archtop.

The patented Dual-Compression Bridge System is a unique, string-through design creating a metal-to-metal connection for unbelievable sustain and stronger string presence. Two patented, dual-wound humbucking pickups provide excellent output while maintaining studio-quality sound.

Features
  • -24 3/4 inch scale set-neck guitar with a one-piece mahogany neck
    -Ebony fretboard with maple binding on neck and 5A quilted flame maple top on a one-piece mahogany body
    -24 frets
    -Schaller® die-cast machine heads with 18:1 ratio, dual torsion rod, and Tune-o-matic bridge with Dual Compression tailpiece with string-through tubes
    -Two humbucking pickups
    -Gold-plated hardware
    -Case included
    (Made in USA)

And from a later page in 2009:

https://web.archive.org/web/20091210173 ... Series.cfm

HP Signature Blues EX
Item#: 00572320
Price: $699.99 USD

Chambered-body blues. A tribute to the blues musicians who inspired Hartley Peavey as a youth, the HP™ Signature Blues model features a chambered body and two raucous humbuckers to make this ax wail.

Features
  • -24 3/4 inch scale
    -24 frets
    -Mahogany chambered body
    -Maple top with binding
    -Rosewood fretboard with trapezoid inlays
    -Grover® die-cast machine heads with 18:1 ratio
    -Dual torsion rod
    -Tune-o-matic bridge with Dual Compression™ tailpiece with string-thru tubes
    -Two mini bucking pickups
    -One master tone and two master volume controls with 3-way toggle switch
    -Chrome hardware
    (Made in Korea)

Cheers
TRJB