Help please. I need some specs for the Peavey Mystic.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
nyet

Help please. I need some specs for the Peavey Mystic.

Post by nyet » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:43 am

Hey guys,
Getting ready to actually start on that Mystic project I mentioned a few months ago. Quick recap, All I have is the body. its in two pieces, has had at least three bridges installed, is covered in epoxy, and the finish is crap and partially missing. This project will literally be bringing this guy back from the dead. I have come to the realization that I will have to get a new neck made by a custom shop or luthier. So I was wondering if anyone who had a Peavey Mystic could possibly take the time to take a few measurements, or even make a tracing, of the neck for me. I know it is a 24 3/4" scale neck, and I understand the concept of the bi-lamination, or what ever they called it. I'm just trying to get this as close to the original as I possibly can. To do this I need to know;
-Thickness of the headstock,
-thickness of the heal,
-lenth of the headstock
-spacing of the tuners
-tickness and width of the neck at the nut
-width of the heal
-string spacing of the nut
-string spacing of the bridge

nyet

Re: Help please. I need some specs for the Peavey Mystic.

Post by nyet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Hey there, I'm bumping this,,,,still looking for this information. Hell, If I could get the total length of the guitar itself, or the guitar's center line, itself I could figure out most of what I need.

nyet

Post by nyet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Here's some pictures of what I am dealing with.

This is the condition I bought it in.

Hodders

Post by Hodders » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:38 pm

Hey buddy, I was lucky enough to briefly own a Peavey Mystic a while back. I think you'll find that it had a 23 fret neck a lot like the Patriot. I will try to get you some measurements as I have a Patriot myself.

nyet

Post by nyet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:30 pm

That would be awesome! I'm going to go ahead and contact Peavey and see it they can tell me whether or not the necks used between the two models were the same. I do know that the Mystic was 24.75" scale, so you might want to measure the scale of the Patriot and make sure that matches first.

Edit:
Ball is in Peavey's court right now.

nyet

Post by nyet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:24 pm

http://assets.peavey.com/literature/man ... 300054.pdf
http://assets.peavey.com/literature/man ... 370402.pdf

I was able to confirm that the Peavey Patriot neck is the same as the Peavey Mystic neck.

Hodders

Post by Hodders » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Awesome, there are usually Patriot necks knocking around on Ebay, or if you keep your eyes peeled you might be able to pickup a cheap complete Patriot and harvest its parts.

nyet

Post by nyet » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:49 am

If I do anything, I'd buy the neck and have some one make a replica of it that has the Mystic logo on the headstock. I'd be top terrified at the idea of the truss rod not working to actually use the Patriot neck, plus it would always say Peavey Patriot, not Mystic, and that would bug the crap out me...I know its weak, but I know myself well enough to think that I'd be Ok with it. Maybe for a while, but only as a temporary solution.

Raw

Post by Raw » Thu May 05, 2016 7:13 pm

I just bought a Mystic, putting on new strings and doing some cleaning tonight. How can I help?

nyet

Post by nyet » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:27 am

Awesome! Sorry, its been a while since I looked into this project due to work, school, and discouragement. If you would be so kind to help me get measurements of the width and thickness of the guitar neck's heel and the area right in front of the headstock where the nut is that would be awesome! If you need a set of digital calipers to do it I could buy you a pair and have them shipped to your address. You can keep them. A tracing of the head stock would also help immensely and I would happily pay the postage. Let me know if you need anything from me, and I'll PM you some of my contact info if you need it. Thanks again!

thevileprince

Post by thevileprince » Sun May 07, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello!

I have Peavey Mystic project guitar as well; I was wondering if you were able to get the neck measurements?

thanks!

jethro

Post by jethro » Mon May 08, 2017 1:46 pm

If you can get on the t60 mafia site, Chip Todd had a Mystic neck or two he was wanting to sell.