Connect AT-200 to Laptop

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Lord High Warlock

Connect AT-200 to Laptop

Post by Lord High Warlock » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:45 am

Before I waste hours in the attempt, I'd like to run this by everyone and see if this is the way to do it...

I have the Vypyr Pro, the AT-200, the MIDI Update Cable, and the Breakout Box. Is this the proper path I need to follow to upgrade/update the guitar:

Guitar (via 15' MIDI Cable) >> Breakout Box (via MIDI Update Cable AND 1/4" guitar cable) >> Vypyr Pro (via USB cable) >> Laptop?

Or do I need more equipment / cables??

Thanks for the help!
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2011 Gibson Les Paul Studio '50s Tribute
2015 Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Pro w/ Sanpera Pro
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

psp742

Re: Connect AT-200 to Laptop

Post by psp742 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Hello Warlock,

Note the AT200 only comes with the trial software pack, you still get string tune, but only limited guitar models... you have option to buy from ANTARES the software feature (Essential, PRO, Complete) pack you want - https://transactions.antarestech.com/at ... ducts.aspx

What you need:
+ AT200 with full powered battery (4x AA rechargeable or Duracell battery)
+ Peavey AT200 Midi Update Cable
+ AT200B Breakout Box or equivalent (i use Midisport 1x1 M-Audio, basically does the same thing)
+ You need yo make an account in Antares website - http://www.autotuneforguitar.com/guitar-connect/
+ A 1/4 guitar cable (you don't need to connect to amp.. the 1/4 creates contact to activate the battery and powers the AT200)
+ Download the Transfer Software - https://transactions.antarestech.com/at ... tware.aspx (PC or MAC)
OPTIONAL:
+ Purchase the Software Feature Pack.. the Complete Pack is the best but it cost more money.

OK, you're ready to update.. connect the 'A' 8-pin midi plug end to the AT200, there is a notch so it is almost impossible to make a mistake plugging it in; unless you really deliberately want to goof off (a very expensive mistake). Connect the 2x 5-pin midi plug 'B' and 'C' to the AT200 Breakout box.. once you run the Transfer Software, the program will detect the AT200 electric guitar.. if it can't detect, just interchange position of the 'B' and 'C' midi plug on the Breakout Box and run the Transfer Software again. It should detect your guitar.

Good Luck. If you have any questions just ask. or you can always search the Antares Forum for answer - http://autotuneforguitar.invisionzone.com/

Ric,
Peavey AT200 Autotune guitar
Peavey Envoy 110 Silver stripe (12"speaker mod)
Peavey Envoy 110 Teal stripe
Peavey Ecoustic E208 acoustic amp
Peavey Bass Enclosure 1820 (18" black widow + two 10" scorpion)
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer
:mrgreen:

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:12 am

Thanks for the help, Ric. Unfortunately, I think I'm missing something...age must be catching up with me...

If I connect the A Plug to the guitar, and the B & C Plugs to the Midi In & Midi Out of the Breakout Box, I don't see how it can be connected to the PC...unlike your Midisport, there isn't a USB port on the Breakout Box.

The Breakout Box has a "To Guitar" port, so would I connect that to the guitar, and then connect the A Plug to the Midi In / Footswitch Plug on the back of the VPro, and use the amp's USB port to connect to the PC?? To me, this is the most confusing setup I've ever run across, as nothing seems to be straight forward.
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

psp742

Post by psp742 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:17 am

Hi Warlock,

My bad.. totally forgot to mention:
you need a USB to printer cable (like this) - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016TTAAGO (if you have an extra cable to connect to your printer or not using the printer cable, you can temporary use it, and then return it to the printer.)

printer cable end connects to the Midisport 1x1 M-Audio and the USB connect to the PC / MAC.

NOTE: i do not own the Peavey Breakout Box so i don't know what cable it uses aside from the midi cable to guitar.

ric,
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer

edwb

Post by edwb » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:22 am

I don't remember the VypyrPro working as a generic midi interface to program the AT200 guitar with Antares software.
I think it only worked for the amp functions and vypyr pro edit.

I believe to program the AT200, you need a separate MIDI interface and the Peavey 8pin to 2 midi ends cable.
You can check their website/forum for what worked for people. I remember someone having problems with using
the Midisport UNO and female to female adapaters because the adapters weren't quite right.

I got this one (M-Audio MIDISPORT 1x1) through amazon and it worked fine with the Peavey cable and Antares software.
https://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-MIDISPOR ... B00006I5HD

psp742

Post by psp742 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:05 pm

If your updating the AT200.. you don't need to connect the 1/4 instrument cable to anything.. just plug into the guitar.. that ways it creates a circuit for the battery and Antares powered auto-tune system works.. note: the green light is on pickup ring.
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer

Lord High Warlock

Post by Lord High Warlock » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:23 am

Well, it's kind of a moot issue right now...I just got my AT-200 back from Sweetwater's service department (for a defective Antares system), and tomorrow I'll be shipping it right back...the neck pickup is pretty much dead when in manual / passive mode. With the volume pot all the way up, I can only get a slight sound out of it if the TONE pot is also all the way up on the treble side. *sigh*

I'm really starting to lose my faith in Peavey...
- Warlock/LHW/Rich

Guitars
2016 Peavey AT-200
1964 Goya F-27

Amps
Marshall AS100D & MG10cd
VOX Valvetronix VT80+

psp742

Post by psp742 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:08 pm

I doubt the guitar tech did anything or if he did.. probably did something to make it worse.. the piezo system of the Antares is very sensitive to movement if you move the saddles forward or back (intonation purposes), it may affect the Antares system... maybe it is dust or dirt in the switch that is causing weak pup..

I was lucky that the guitar I received was working fine.. but the way the factory did the fret leveling was terrible.. so I had my local guitar tech install Jescar EVO gold medium frets.. he rounded the fret edges and it is pretty much a cool player.. I believe Peavey follow the predator body style, which is very good.

Anyways, whatever you decide.. I hope you find a guitar that makes you want to practice playing guitar.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ric,
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer

charlesjohny8

Post by charlesjohny8 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 pm

I learned a lot from this thread very helpful.