Patriot parts

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Mitchell69

Patriot parts

Post by Mitchell69 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi, im a new member and needing to find a new bridge for my 1986 patriot, it does not have a whammy bar. Thanks

cliftonio

Re: Patriot parts

Post by cliftonio » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:20 am

Reviving this post, new member and just bought a Patriot and an Generation EXP on ebay (yet to receive thanks to Hurricane Harvey).

My Patriot needs some serious clean up (smell like an ash tray) and maybe some re-wiring/shielding (has some of hum) but action is good and sounds pretty good even with the ancient strings (probably never been changed from the 80s). Looking at the bridge (non tremolo) it appears to be a T-15 bridge (not the bridge shown in any user manual). But also the T15 bridge has been modified to not only remove the one piece floating bridge peice (that could be angled and moved slightly with two screws) but individual saddle installed; note the little E has a different saddle than the rest. Anyone agree with that diagnosis?

When I strip this down for cleaning and re-wiring (which will be my first venture into guitar electrical, learned to solder back in the day but now have a degree from youtube!) that bridge is coming off for a bath to get off the corrosion, then clean up and then lube lightly with gun oil. When I get it off I may see if the original saddle can be used or if I can get better saddles in there.