Need help identifying this Genny

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Kristjanst

Need help identifying this Genny

Post by Kristjanst » Mon May 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Hey, I have this guitar labeled as peavey generation series, but I have no idea about any specifications or nothing. Can anyone tell me more about it?
One of the interesting things that raise questions is the toggle switch.
The serial nr is 04080155.Image

Lee60

Re: Need help identifying this Genny

Post by Lee60 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:45 pm

I know there are people here more qualified to comment, but I believe your Genny might be a "frankenstein"! AFAIK, Peavey never made a Generation with mini-humbuckers or a toggle-switch. The standard Tele-sized neck heel that Peavey used on many of their guitars would make it easy for a Genny neck to work on many Tele bodies. Good luck finding more info about your guitar!

Lee
Current Peavey roster:
Composer acoustic, Fury bass, Falcon Standard, Patriot (hardtail), Patriot (tremolo), Predator, Reactor, T-15

Non-Peavey
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Taylor 314ce acoustic

BPSUL

Post by BPSUL » Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Is the top arched or flat?

If it's flat it's not a generation body.

If it's arched it could be. If, IF it looks like it used to have a more typical tele bridge then I would vote its a user modified generation (bridge changed, routed for mini buckers.

If it looks like that bridge is original, AND it is a real generation body, then its some sort of factory one-off or employee creation.

BPSUL

Post by BPSUL » Tue May 09, 2017 2:30 pm

As I look closer to the pic, which is pretty low resolution, it looks like the bridge may have been chopped down in size. I say this because 1 it doesnt look square, and 2 it looks like the finish is less than perfect in the part where the original bridge would have covered.
In this case, its a user modified generation. aka someone removed the bridge and chopped it down, then routed for mini buckers. may have been some filling and refinishing, too.

oprinat

Post by oprinat » Mon May 29, 2017 2:50 pm

Yes, Lee60, I agree with you. I think that this guitar was combined from several different guitars so it's really strange. Where did you find it? Have you tried to play on it? It's very interesting how it sounds