Alright....which one of you warthogs

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
eternalpurple

Alright....which one of you warthogs

Post by eternalpurple » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:57 pm

just made me pay 1000.00 for a T60 . Come on fess up...........I know it was one of you. Damn crime to take advantage of an old man with gas. :D

thunda

Re: Alright....which one of you warthogs

Post by thunda » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Sucker
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

Si Gibsons proscriptae soli proscript habebit Gibsons

Golem

Post by Golem » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:41 am

Are we talking about that TSB T60 on ebay? A beautiful example for sure, but once I get into that price range I'd be buying something else.

eternalpurple

Post by eternalpurple » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:44 am

If you want mint it just seems like they just keep climbing. I know have 6 T60's. One of the naturals is my player. I'm at the point now where I'm looking for nothing but mint and I have to tell you the are few and far between. The reason I paid 1000.00 for it is because other people that also wanted the guitar drove the price that high. When I got involved it was sitting at 491.00 and it wasn't until I reach 820.00 that I got past the highest automatic bid.
At that point he jump back around me again and I was at 920.00 before I had the highest bid. Knowing that he would still be hanging around till the end I
but a 1500.00 max bid in and watch as time ran out. Yep....jumped twice more...................By the way if anyone has a blue T60 mint I'm interested.

eternalpurple

Post by eternalpurple » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:55 am

thunda wrote:Sucker
Well thunda.................I have a Mark Knopfler 58 Les Paul heading my way as I type and it won't play one bit better than a T60. I don't think CROWD mentality is any stronger anywhere than what guitar people think is the best. So few herders......yet so many sheep.

tele twister

Post by tele twister » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 am

eternalpurple wrote:If you want mint it just seems like they just keep climbing. I know have 6 T60's. One of the naturals is my player. I'm at the point now where I'm looking for nothing but mint and I have to tell you the are few and far between. The reason I paid 1000.00 for it is because other people that also wanted the guitar drove the price that high. When I got involved it was sitting at 491.00 and it wasn't until I reach 820.00 that I got past the highest automatic bid.
At that point he jump back around me again and I was at 920.00 before I had the highest bid. Knowing that he would still be hanging around till the end I
but a 1500.00 max bid in and watch as time ran out. Yep....jumped twice more...................By the way if anyone has a blue T60 mint I'm interested.
I could be wrong, but I think eBayers sometimes help each other out, like a secret alliance, to drive up bids like that.
I just don't trust anything that happens virtually.
If you're alright with paying that much, then everything is cool, congrats on the NGD!

eternalpurple

Post by eternalpurple » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:14 am

tele twister wrote:
eternalpurple wrote:If you want mint it just seems like they just keep climbing. I know have 6 T60's. One of the naturals is my player. I'm at the point now where I'm looking for nothing but mint and I have to tell you the are few and far between. The reason I paid 1000.00 for it is because other people that also wanted the guitar drove the price that high. When I got involved it was sitting at 491.00 and it wasn't until I reach 820.00 that I got past the highest automatic bid.
I could be wrong, but I think eBayers sometimes help each other out, like a secret alliance, to drive up bids like that.
I just don't trust anything that happens virtually.
If you're alright with paying that much, then everything is cool, congrats on the NGD!
Trust me twister...It has most definitely crossed my mind. It doesn't seem to me that it would be that hard to do. Of course if the competition stops bidding you could have a problem. I told the man I bought it from I thought he might have record for the most paid for a T60 and he said he had seen one go for 1400.00. So he was happy with what he got but thought it could have been more.

thunda

Post by thunda » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:01 pm

eternalpurple wrote:
thunda wrote:Sucker
Well thunda.................I have a Mark Knopfler 58 Les Paul heading my way as I type and it won't play one bit better than a T60. I don't think CROWD mentality is any stronger anywhere than what guitar people think is the best. So few herders......yet so many sheep.
Hey! I have a couple T60's. Sold a few too. Last one I sold for under $200.00. Personally I would not give a grand for one. There are too many out there for much more reasonable prices. Of course this does not take GAS into the equation. YMMV.

Cheers!

(Also, I was being facetious)
When Gibsons are outlawed, only outlaws will have Gibsons

Si Gibsons proscriptae soli proscript habebit Gibsons