PRedator EXP hidden Gem?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
patriotpv

PRedator EXP hidden Gem?

Post by patriotpv » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:19 pm

I picked one of these up -- sight unseen from an auction --- got what I felt was a decent deal 100 and freight....I figured......if it sucked I could swap parts--- toss the pups for something newer -- maybe active---if the trem was crap I could block it or replace it......cant buy the wood and paint it for 100.00 so dice---rolled.

Well--- JACKPOT!

this thing is friggin GREAT! --- TBTH I am a PEAVEY fan --- mostly USA stuff ---mostly OLD ---and MOSTLY bass. I had avoided the overseas Peavey gear---- but --well NO MORE!
build quality--- neck fretboard frets --- all great--- tuners (work) --- pots and switch work (well for a 2005 model) and once properly set up the LIC> FLoyd is GREAT!! The pups even SOUND SWEET! no need to rip em out! I feel like a 80's hairband teeneager again..........Talk Dirty to WHO???!?! HEll yeah!

some may suck --- but this one is great -- dont overlook these they are solid guitars.

tele twister

Re: PRedator EXP hidden Gem?

Post by tele twister » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Congrats on your New Pred Day!
It's great to hear about a guitar that gets folks all charged up.
Usually, just about anything can get changed out, if it's not "right".
But when the neck feels just right, and it's hard to stop playing it, life is good.
IMHO, Peavey has got the right feeling neck thing, down pat :wink:

Jam on!

patriotpv

Re: PRedator EXP hidden Gem?

Post by patriotpv » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:03 pm

I would agree for certain
and with a
T-40 Bass
Unity Bass
Foundation S bass
and a T-15

all ready in the current (permanent) stable------ I can back up that statement ;)