HELP AT-200 stopped working

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
mrcashback

HELP AT-200 stopped working

Post by mrcashback » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:23 pm

Couple of years old now. Yesterday Im using my AT200 i put it in regular mode to do a REAL tune up, switch it back to autotune mode and then I hear a POP in the PA..... look down and the green lights out on the guitar....
I first suspected batteries, so i swapped them for freshly charged ones (not sure why i suspected that because it normally makes a hideous screeching beep when theyre dead.... terrible design solution for something that may be used live, just sayin).

New batteries reveal nada. I pull the tone knob up and it works in regular mode, push it back down to autotune mode and nothing again. I test with several batteries, rechargables hot off the charger and new normal bats, but nothing.

Power appears to be getting in, as i hear a slight thud through the pa if i insert a battery with it connected up......

I read something about resetting it by plucking the a string and turning it on, now, im not sure what was meant by turning it on, so i tried caressing it and talking sexy but that did nothing, tried lifting and pushing the tone, the volume, tried inseting a battery, none of the above did anything. Did the same on the other strings for shits n giggles and do dice :(

I dont have a breakout box or cable for this guitar..... any tips for home repairs?
This week ive had my power amp die, im having to swap a new faulty interface and now this guitar too.... not a fun run!

psp742

Re: HELP AT-200 stopped working

Post by psp742 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Remove the batteries and open the back cover to reveal the circuit board etc... it could be ground or loose wiring that needs to be solder properly..if everything looks ok put the back cover ajar, put batteries and turn on auto-tune to check if there is short (it is a bit tricky since you want to see the green indicator while peeping at the circuit board battery connections..
Peavey AT200 Autotune guitar
Peavey Envoy 110 Silver stripe (12"speaker mod)
Peavey Envoy 110 Teal stripe
Peavey Ecoustic E208 acoustic amp
Peavey Bass Enclosure 1820 (18" black widow + two 10" scorpion)
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer
:mrgreen:

Peaveyvip3

Post by Peaveyvip3 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:42 am

psp742 is correct. If you remove the back cover on most of these guitars, you will find a ground wire that was taped on, instead of being soldered.
Good luck and hopefully that is all you will find wrong.

Den.

Post by Den. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Re: "ground wire that was taped on"

...................Where?

psp742

Post by psp742 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:31 pm

I mean there are probably loose solder somewhere inside.. held by tape.. a loose wire will cause it not to work.. so check all the wiring.. if you own a soldering iron and know how to solder.. then you can repair it yourself.
Peavey AT200 Autotune guitar
Peavey Envoy 110 Silver stripe (12"speaker mod)
Peavey Envoy 110 Teal stripe
Peavey Ecoustic E208 acoustic amp
Peavey Bass Enclosure 1820 (18" black widow + two 10" scorpion)
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer
:mrgreen: