1990s Cobra problem

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Mitchmiami

1990s Cobra problem

Post by Mitchmiami » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:53 am

Hello
I would like to say hi to everyone on the forum. I collect guitars and collect, restore, mrepair,&/or modify amplifiers. I have a couple of dozen amps and over 50 guitars at this time, always buying selling and trading,
One of my favorites a a 1990s Pravey Cobra "super-strat". It sounds and plays wonderfully. One day when I came home from work the Cobra (which I kept hanging on the wall with about 40 other instruments I use when writing/playing/recording music and I saw a string dangling. I thought Maybe it just popped a string but no, one of the Kahler bridge saddles literally cracked in half and was eventually found on the other side of the room. Anyway, I can find whole bridges but not the replacement saddles anywhere. Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
MitchMiami

BPSUL

Re: 1990s Cobra problem

Post by BPSUL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:40 am

Ive never heard of or seen a peavey cobra. Google has nothing either. Can you post a pic? You may have some sort of factory one-off or employee build perhaps?

tele twister

Post by tele twister » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Welcome Mitchmiami !

This place used to be wammiworld, and they recently changed to WhammyParts;

https://www.whammyparts.com

They have some Kahler parts.

Give it a look, maybe they got your part. The other place I know of for parts is greEd bay.
BTW, that's the first time I've heard Cobra, also. :?

jimPV

Post by jimPV » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:08 pm

How about a photo or three of the Cobra?