Go to peaveys website see hp2

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Roger Crimm

Re: Go to peaveys website see hp2

Post by Roger Crimm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:01 pm

supercoupe wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 pm
Roger Crimm wrote:There is a slight recess, but definitely not a rout. The trem sits flush, so what you see must be some trick of the light in the photo.
a slight recess I would refer to as a rout as well. A router routed this recess. The bridge sits flush on the bottom of this recess then, no ability to pull it up?
Correct, you cannot pull it up.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

supercoupe

Post by supercoupe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am

meanstreet wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:59 pm
Are the pickups the same spec as the Wolfgang pickups or the HP Special pickups. I personally prefer the Wolf pickups although I can see why others may prefer the HP.
weren't they the exact same pickups, just were tap-able in the HP and had reverse zebra look vs. the WG?
assorted '89 Peavey Nitros (one heavily modded)
former Peavey products: HP Special CT trem, USA Limited, Axcelerator,
Triple XXX, 3120, various Bandits, VTM, Classics, Pro-Fex, Rockmaster pre-amp

ooglybong

Post by ooglybong » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:03 pm

I have samples of both the Wolfgang and the HP Special. AFAIK, they are not the exact same pickups but for the splitting ability (indeed, I have read along the way that the WGs didn't sound so great when split, so they opted to not include that). In fact, in my experience and to my ears, the HP Specials seem maybe a bit more, um... rounded, plus possibly just a little bit hotter, too. (All IMO, of course and YMMV.) And the HP's split-coil sounds are fantastic, probably the best I've ever experienced on any guitar (lotsa guitars, lotsa years). Still, I love both models.

So, no, not the same pickup, but definitely very close cousins. 8)

All that being said, I'm also SO excited to see the USA CS back in business! Someone up-thread mentioned it—and I'd agree—that re-releasing the HP Special (being more unique when compared to any EVH offerings out there) might have made more sense to start out with. IMO. Then again, there's not the implied EVH connection as much, marketing-wise. Hmm...

ooglybong

Post by ooglybong » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Will the HP2 have a hard-tail option eventually?

Evil Z06

Post by Evil Z06 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 am

ooglybong wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:04 pm
Will the HP2 have a hard-tail option eventually?
Yes they showed them already as to when they're going to be out who knows

supercoupe

Post by supercoupe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:01 pm

ooglybong wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:03 pm
I have samples of both the Wolfgang and the HP Special. AFAIK, they are not the exact same pickups but for the splitting ability (indeed, I have read along the way that the WGs didn't sound so great when split, so they opted to not include that). In fact, in my experience and to my ears, the HP Specials seem maybe a bit more, um... rounded, plus possibly just a little bit hotter, too. (All IMO, of course and YMMV.) And the HP's split-coil sounds are fantastic, probably the best I've ever experienced on any guitar (lotsa guitars, lotsa years). Still, I love both models.

So, no, not the same pickup, but definitely very close cousins. 8)

All that being said, I'm also SO excited to see the USA CS back in business! Someone up-thread mentioned it—and I'd agree—that re-releasing the HP Special (being more unique when compared to any EVH offerings out there) might have made more sense to start out with. IMO. Then again, there's not the implied EVH connection as much, marketing-wise. Hmm...
my post about the pickups being the same was a question :) I suppose only a Peavey rep could say for certain, as guitars even with the exact same pickups can sound different from each other, but you could be right too.
As far as marketing, there are a TON of used WGs (Peavey and especially EVH) on the market, says something...not as many used HPs out there though granted they probably sold much less of those.
assorted '89 Peavey Nitros (one heavily modded)
former Peavey products: HP Special CT trem, USA Limited, Axcelerator,
Triple XXX, 3120, various Bandits, VTM, Classics, Pro-Fex, Rockmaster pre-amp

PVplayer

Post by PVplayer » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Wonder why they moved away from engraving the serial# on these and went with a sticker?

tele twister

Post by tele twister » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:41 pm

PVplayer wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:28 pm
Wonder why they moved away from engraving the serial# on these and went with a sticker?
IMHO, stickers are a bad idea.
Last edited by tele twister on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

FrankM5150

Post by FrankM5150 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Still waiting for these beauties to be at the retailers. Sweetwater just told me they got delayed again. ULLLLGHHH. It was supposed to be today. Ive had it on order for six weeks already.

I'm TRYING to give Peavey my money.

Stratty316

Post by Stratty316 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:00 am

Tollywood wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:40 pm
Hi guys. I'm really excited about the HP2. I have had several customs wolfs, and I wish I still had them.

Last week myself and two of my closest friends peer pressured each other into a triple order. 2 deep oceans and 1 white. We can't wait! :mrgreen:

We are also anxious to see the custom shop reopen. Remember, you could get dice on your fretboard. Oh man, I am excited.
Who would do such a dirty thing to their friends? Deep Ocean you say...can't wait until they all show up! I'm totally excited for this... sold my only Wolfgang many years ago and do miss it. Opted for the HP2 over a Suhr this summer....

Stratty316

Post by Stratty316 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 pm

FrankM5150 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm
Still waiting for these beauties to be at the retailers. Sweetwater just told me they got delayed again. ULLLLGHHH. It was supposed to be today. Ive had it on order for six weeks already.

Did Sweetwater give a reason for the delay or an updated ETA? When I preordered mine they said early September but not to be surprised if it was closer to Christmas.

PVplayer

Post by PVplayer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 am

I got mine from Sweetwater on Monday. I had ordered back in late July. I'd post a pic if I knew how

FrankM5150

Post by FrankM5150 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Stratty316 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 pm
FrankM5150 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Did Sweetwater give a reason for the delay or an updated ETA? When I preordered mine they said early September but not to be surprised if it was closer to Christmas.
No, the rep just said that they are waiting for Peavey to give them a new ETA, havent heard from him since. That was Sep 6.

FrankM5150

Post by FrankM5150 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Sully wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 am
I got mine from Sweetwater on Monday. I had ordered back in late July. I'd post a pic if I knew how
Do you mind if I ask which color? I ordered the Deep Ocean Tremolo on July 27, I don't even have an ETA from Sweetwater yet. They should have told me that they did receive them, or if other models are in stock.

I must be immature or something cause I'm getting annoyed. I was on the fence with the Charvel USA model. There's about 4 of them at the Sam Ash down the street from me too.

PVplayer

Post by PVplayer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:08 pm

I got the trans moonburst. It was a preorder. They apparently had a lot of preorders. I have not seen anyone post about the Deep Ocean color yet and I knew that would be a popular color