Antares Auto Tune ends guitar products and support

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
visigothic

Antares Auto Tune ends guitar products and support

Post by visigothic » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Antares has decided to end it's support and products for guitars. Very sad. I can only wonder if there is something better coming soon. I know there were a few quirks with it but still a neat concept for people who wanted something different to have fun with.

I'm not sure if this affects Peavey's arrangement with Antares or not on the AT200.

Important Notice! All ATG Owners - Please Read:

As of August 31st 2017, Antares will be discontinuing all Auto-Tune for Guitar products, including the ATG-1 Floor Processor, ATG Custom Luthier Installation Kit, and Software Feature Packs.

Important: ATG users will be able to update their Software Feature Packs/Pedal Core Pack until October 31st 2017. After this date, it will no longer be possible to update any ATG device.

It is necessary to download and install the ATG Utility Applications in order to perform a software update. The ATG Settings Manager will still continue to work after October 31st, however the ATG Software Manager will no longer be able to connect to the ATG website.

Antares will continue to support the ATG products until August 31st 2018. For Auto-Tune for Guitar support, please file a ticket here and select “Auto-Tune for Guitar Support” from the “Type” menu.

The ATG forum will still be active until October 31st 2017 when posting and replying to posts will be turned off. The forum will be available for reference until August 31st 2018.

See link:
http://www.antarestech.com/email/2017Ar ... ation.html

psp742

Re: Antares Auto Tune ends guitar products and support

Post by psp742 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:53 pm

I should have mentioned Antares in the title I posted.. I just noted "attention At200 owners" it is sad that the product could have been better.. if the components on the original AT200 are similar to the much improved luthier kit.. then it would be a great product.. since Antares and Peavey decided on saddle mount piezo system.. which is a bit sensitive...
Peavey AT200 Autotune guitar
Peavey Envoy 110 Silver stripe (12"speaker mod)
Peavey Envoy 110 Teal stripe
Peavey Ecoustic E208 acoustic amp
Peavey Bass Enclosure 1820 (18" black widow + two 10" scorpion)
Peavey PV6 and PV8 mixer
:mrgreen:

visigothic

Post by visigothic » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:11 pm

psp742 wrote:I should have mentioned Antares in the title I posted.. I just noted "attention At200 owners" it is sad that the product could have been better.. if the components on the original AT200 are similar to the much improved luthier kit.. then it would be a great product.. since Antares and Peavey decided on saddle mount piezo system.. which is a bit sensitive...
I saw your post after I had already written my notice. I thought hard about getting one just to have for fun. I think it was a bit expensive being it was based on a Predator Plus guitar. NIce little guitar but the frets and finger board didn't give me a wow factor based on my hand anatomy, that being said your right had they included the features found in the kit it might have gotten better traction without having to spend another $200 on programing and the breakout box . Now we're in $800- guitar land and that's a lot of cash for a modified Predator plus. My Les Paul didn't cost that much. Odd thing is I spoke to a person at Peavey a while back and mentioned the AT200 during the conversation and I could tell it was awkward silence for a moment.

I think some people in the easily intimidated crowed complained a lot about it diverting talent into plug and play social stereo types. Auto Tune may not have been the right name for the product. I remember reading a few websites with people griping about real talent vs enhanced talent etc.

" He's not a real artist , he's using an Auto Tune guitar.....poser, fraud, wannabe !"
I was imagining and had visions of producers being forced to place a disclaimer on the CD jacket "tracks 2,6,8 were laid down using an auto tune guitar by an average player, do not attempt this at home ." Lighten up please.

I still think it's neat but I'm not going to drop $200- on even a used one if I can't get support for it. It's as if they "Anteras" wants it to just go away completely. Maybe they are feeling the pressure in that Vocal Auto Tune is the limit that will be accepted by the musical public. To each his own.

In reality to me it's just another technically enhanced instrument like a key board or digital drum kits that are spot on every time with no need to adjust, why should a newer guitar be any differently accepted. This is supposed to be about fun right?

Maybe something better is coming, lets hope so.

" I can play both the guitar and the home stereo but I'm better at playing the stereo." :lol:

goatghost

Post by goatghost » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:21 am

Antares lowered the "Complete Pack" price to $99.50. This is a really great deal, since the Complete Pack originally sold for $299 and was then lowered to $199.

I went ahead and bought the Complete Pack. I just need to install it on my AT-200.

It's a shame that Antares appears to be getting out of the guitar software business. The Peavey AT-200 is/was a great deal, for what it does. I guess, if mine breaks, I'll have to go with one of those Line 6 guitars (which are quite a bit more expensive).