Peavey T60

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Wrightallnight

Peavey T60

Post by Wrightallnight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:05 pm

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing my first peavey guitar, a T60. It's an 82 I believe and black. Do you have any idea what a good price would be? I looked on eBay and the sell prices are all over the map. I think what the seller is asking is very reasonable but I'm not an expert with these guitars by any means. It has upgraded pickups. Is there a website for dating these guitars? Can I send peavey an email and ask like you can with fender?

Thanks in advance.

Lee60

Re: Peavey T60

Post by Lee60 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Yes, there are many highly priced T-60's on Ebay and Reverb... but it's definitely a buyer's market for the natural body/maple neck combo. Ebay's "sold listings" is the best way to gauge what people are actually paying. The local Guitar Center out here just had one in OK condition w/case for $399. T-60's with colors, sunburst finishes and/or rosewood necks tend fetch a little more since there weren't as many made. I know there are MANY folks who believe the "upgraded" pickups in that T-60 are actually a downgrade when it comes to pricing. The original pickups sounded great, and are very expensive to replace. The knobs and hardware should also be all original if they are asking a comparable price.

Good luck!

Lee
Current Peavey roster:
Composer acoustic, Fury bass, Falcon Standard, Patriot (hardtail), Patriot (tremolo), Predator, Reactor, T-15

Non-Peavey
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Taylor 314ce acoustic