Mantis wiring diagram

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
shemp

Mantis wiring diagram

Post by shemp » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:03 am

Hi all, I picked up a Mantis LT at a guitar show and the PO had tried to re-wire it and failed (meaning nothing is connected). I found the manual and understand the tone control will "switch" the P-12 from single coil to humbucker at around 7 on the dial. I can wire it as a regular humbucker I believe but I'm wondering how it was originally wired for this tone control feature. Yes, I looked online for hours. Came up dry.

Does anyone have a diagram or a picture of the wiring on their Mantis (preferred) ???

Thanks in advance!

Lee60

Re: Mantis wiring diagram

Post by Lee60 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:28 am

All Peavey's humbuckers/coil-splitting tone controls were the same during this era. The T-60 diagram should give you all the info you need (just ignore the bridge PUP and phase switching). Good luck!
Lee
Current Peavey roster:
Composer acoustic, Fury bass, Falcon Standard, Patriot (hardtail), Patriot (tremolo), Predator, Reactor, T-15

Non-Peavey
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Taylor 314ce acoustic

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 pm

Lee60 wrote:All Peavey's humbuckers/coil-splitting tone controls were the same during this era. The T-60 diagram should give you all the info you need (just ignore the bridge PUP and phase switching). Good luck!
Lee
YES!!! Found this: This is how the T-12 pickup is configured (winding wise). THANK YOU!!

edited to put in correct drawing.

Neil Taylor

Post by Neil Taylor » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:16 am

shemp wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 pm
YES!!! Found this: This is how the T-12 pickup is configured (winding wise).
Thanks for the diagram!
Last edited by Neil Taylor on Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

shemp

Post by shemp » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 pm

I got it wired up stock and played with the tone control that toggles the humbucker mode. Pretty cool. I did end up cutting the red wire so it's full on normal humbucker mode though as I prefer that mode for the time being. I can always re-connect the red wire and go back to stock...

I also did a minor fret leveling (had a few high frets) and did a full set up. Plays and sounds great now. I was missing the trem bar for the Kahler Flyer and the stock replacements online were $20-30. My American Fender strat bar fit but I preferred the stock look so I made one out of 3/16 steel bar.

Glad I picked this up, I love it!

Now on to the case, it's pretty ragged.... :)