Peavey Vandenberg HELP! Anyone else seen this?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Brujah Storm

Peavey Vandenberg HELP! Anyone else seen this?

Post by Brujah Storm » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:42 pm

I have a Peavey Vandenberg Quilt guitar that has a weird logo that is supposed to be stock... I have not seen any others like this and I have had several Vandys now.... Does anyone else have one with this logo and even more importantly...Does anyone know WHY Peavey apparently only made a few like this?? Seems weird to me and I almost question the originality. ....so.... Can anyone that has one like it please post pictures or chime in and let me know, especially if you bought it new like that? Trying to nail down the history a bit more..
Attachments
van1-1.JPG
van1-1.JPG (41.79 KiB) Viewed 3831 times

tele twister

Re: Peavey Vandenberg HELP! Anyone else seen this?

Post by tele twister » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 pm

IIRC, the delta logo originated around '92, something about Edward Van Halen not liking the lightning logo on his 5150 amp.
I think they used it for about 10 or 11 years, and then went back to the pointy one, when Ed split.
So if your Vandy is built around that time, it may have been some sort of logo trial run.
Have you determined the build year of your guitar?

Brujah Storm

Post by Brujah Storm » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Thanks...but referring only to the Vandenberg specifically....I am quite familiar with the delta logo, but the arrangement on this guitar is quite unusual. If you do a quick Google search of any Vandenberg, even the signatures, you'll see what I mean... This guitar should be very early 90's at the most as they were not made long. I am trying to find other Vandy owners to corroborate the use of this type of headstock logo vs. the normal one they used on these guitars. I want to be sure mine is not the ONLY one like it... This would have me question a refinish or something... I am about to buy this one and I want to know that it is completely legitimate... If I can find another one like it, then maybe I can figure out WHY Peavey did the change and WHEN.. Any help is appreciated...

supercoupe

Post by supercoupe » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:30 pm

the original run Vandy's didn't have bound necks, so without seeing more pics of yours I'm guessing this is a reissue. I have seen some reissue Vandy's all blinged out with abalone that have the block logo on the headstock.
assorted '89 Peavey Nitros (one heavily modded)
former Peavey products: HP Special CT trem, USA Limited, Axcelerator,
Triple XXX, 3120, various Bandits, VTM, Classics, Pro-Fex, Rockmaster pre-amp

Landshark

Post by Landshark » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:42 pm

supercoupe wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:30 pm
the original run Vandy's didn't have bound necks, so without seeing more pics of yours I'm guessing this is a reissue. I have seen some reissue Vandy's all blinged out with abalone that have the block logo on the headstock.
those aren't Vandenbergs ... they are EXP V-types.

its possible that guitar IS a real Vandenberg, but someone refinished it and added some eBay decals?

supercoupe

Post by supercoupe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:12 am

like I said, without more pics, hard to say...you could be right
assorted '89 Peavey Nitros (one heavily modded)
former Peavey products: HP Special CT trem, USA Limited, Axcelerator,
Triple XXX, 3120, various Bandits, VTM, Classics, Pro-Fex, Rockmaster pre-amp

ThePedroDB

Post by ThePedroDB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:25 pm

That Headstock decal is the same used on some Vandenberg Series 3 guitars I have seen and I have also seen pics of a Pink Quilt Vandy (via Google Images) with that decal too. I suspect that the later examples of the Vandy's changed to use this decal and that purple quilt you have found is one of them.

If you are in any way concerned, don't buy that Vandy! PM me contact details for the current owner and I will buy it... :wink: