Replacement Tone Pots for Peavey Horizon

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
jbridg357

Replacement Tone Pots for Peavey Horizon

Post by jbridg357 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:46 am

Hi Folks,

New here and looking for some help please. I recently acquired a Peavey Horizon (2 humbucker model) that needs new tone pots. Problem is that I cannot find any visible info on the pots so I don't know what to order or even where to source them from. The soldering technique seems to be the bigger the glob the better the job unfortunately. These are the pots that go from single coil to humbucker by turning the tone knob. Previous owner tried spraying them out, but said that it didn't work and they would need replacing. I've already tried Peavey's site and contacted their service department, but nothing yet so I thought this might be a good resource. These may be the same pots used in the T-60 and other models, but I can't confirm that. If anyone has any info to share, I would be most grateful.

Kind Regards,

jbridg357

Current USA Peavey Lineup: Patriot, Predator, Horizon and T-26.
Short List: Firenza (2 humbucker hardtail)

BPSUL

Re: Replacement Tone Pots for Peavey Horizon

Post by BPSUL » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Not sure the spec but the same tone pots are used on humbuckers on the T-60, T-25, T-26. That may help you figure out the value. All of those models split the humbucker when the tone is all the way up.

Lee60

Re: Replacement Tone Pots for Peavey Horizon

Post by Lee60 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:21 pm

250K. Fairly certain they're Audio taper.
Current Peavey roster:
Composer acoustic, Fury bass, Falcon Standard, Patriot (hardtail), Patriot (tremolo), Predator, Reactor, T-15

Non-Peavey
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Taylor 314ce acoustic