HP Special CT in Black NGD

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
gadjet

HP Special CT in Black NGD

Post by gadjet » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 pm

I just picked up a HP Special CT in black/black w/a thin maple faux binding around the top. I’m certain it’s the USA version as it has two humbuckers the brass trem stop and all the other features of the HP series. I have never seen one in all black before. I’m looking for any info I can find. Hopefully I can say this but I got ii for about 650 U.S used. Seemed like a good price. It has a nice condition case and it’s in almost new condition sans a small nick on the lower horn. I did own a FT with a great top a couple of years ago so I’m a bit familiar with these.
Attachments
0EC73103-58A8-4CC5-8919-A6D021D2EFF5.jpeg
0EC73103-58A8-4CC5-8919-A6D021D2EFF5.jpeg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 2743 times

gadjet

Re: HP Special CT in Black NGD

Post by gadjet » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:41 pm

I’m trying to decide if I’m going to keep this one. It’s fun to play and plays great. If it had a nice top I’d keep it, the black has me hesitating. There just isn’t much info out there on these guitars, especially the solid color versions. I have window for returns so I guess I have a decision to make.

Donnie St. James

Post by Donnie St. James » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:58 pm

Howdy. I'm not too sure what info you are looking for on this guitar, but the first HP Special I got was that exact same one, solid black with the natural binding. Yes, it is a USA build. I loved it. I think in total I had around 6 different HP Specials. I don't have any of them anymore. I have 3 USA carved top Wolfgangs, 2 HP2s, and 2 HP2 necks on USA Wolfgang bodies that I got from the Peavey sale.

I loved the natural binding with the black top and back of that HP Special. You should definitely keep it.
DSJ

gadjet

Post by gadjet » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks!. I was 99% sure it was USA built, it is a really nice guitar but I had never seen on in a solid color. I did however take the return option. I'm on a general sell down and I don't know if it was longtime keeper.