Put a Trapeze tailpiec on my JF-1

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Pappy B

Put a Trapeze tailpiec on my JF-1

Post by Pappy B » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:36 am

My JF-1 had a stop bar bushing that was getting loose enough to cause some tuning problems. The strings were badly worn and the fret board needed cleaning also. I have a hollow body with a trapeze tailpiece on it and I like it so I decided to put one one the JF-1.

So far I really like it. It's a reversible setup but will probably leave it like it is now. Has anyone else put a trapeze tailpiece on their JF-1?

I really want to get another JF-1 so I can have one original and one customized. I've had (or have) 2 more expensive semi-hollow guitars but I like the Peavey better.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.

Dano0369

Re: Put a Trapeze tailpiec on my JF-1

Post by Dano0369 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:28 am

Hell-o sir; I have put usa bigsby and shaller roller bridge on several. its a major upgrade that really throws eye candy also. :arrow:
Dano0369

Pappy B

Re: Put a Trapeze tailpiec on my JF-1

Post by Pappy B » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:48 pm

I like it better now that the new strings have settled in and I've had a chance to to play it more. I had listed it for sale locally but have since deleted the listing. It's hard to describe the difference but it's there.
The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know.