Refreshed Patriot

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
jsiddall

Refreshed Patriot

Post by jsiddall » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Over the holidays I finally got around to replacing the pickguard, refinishing, and properly setting up my very first bass bought back in 1987. I didn't know much about bass at the time, but at the ripe old age of 13 I decided that this was the best playing bass I could afford even though it meant living with the "ugly" mahogany body. Thirty years later I now know that despite its modest price being made in the USA really did mean it was well made. The rock maple neck is straight as an arrow and even the pots and jack were good quality. I have also grown to love that natural oiled mahogany!

Decades back I broke the original pickguard when the cable got yanked hard. I had it repaired (badly) and have lived with it ever since but last year decided to buy some blank material and try to make my own. While I had things apart I leveled and re-crowned the fretboard, flatted the gloss on the back of the neck, and sanded and re-oiled the mahogany. Many, many hours of work later I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Oren Hudson

Re: Refreshed Patriot

Post by Oren Hudson » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:39 pm

That are pretty. Good job! :)
you can't have too much bass

Camaro Guy

Post by Camaro Guy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:15 am

Gorgeous bass and a great job on the restoration.

patriotpv

Post by patriotpv » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:22 am

AMazing looking --- well done!!

I had a Patriot bass and 6 string both back in the "day" ---- I am always on the look out for another.

peavey for rum

Post by peavey for rum » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 pm

sweeet! nice work.