Millennium BXP Question

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
jj23

Millennium BXP Question

Post by jj23 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 pm

Hey folks

I have a question about my Millennium BXP bass. The saddles that are in the hipshot triple lockdown bridge now are so tall that they make the strings much higher than they should be. I have adjusted the saddles to the lowest possible position but they are still way to tall. Does anyone know any magic tricks with these to get the strings lower or know of shorter saddles for them?

Thanks

kodiakblair

Re: Millennium BXP Question

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Slacken and remove the die cast string blocks then simply file a bit of the bottom. You could also add a shim to the neck pocket.
A shim is no big deal,many basses of all brands ship from the factory with them.

I got 1.25mm on G and 1.5mm on E without needing to shim or file but a lot depends on setting the bass up correctly first.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

jj23

Re: Millennium BXP Question

Post by jj23 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:55 am

Thanks kodiakblair, I was thinking about filing them but I was hoping someone would know if there was a factory set.

Looks like filing for me