RJ-IV lands in Scotland

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
kodiakblair

RJ-IV lands in Scotland

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:21 am

With the Randy Jackson bass being the missing piece in my Peavey picture I thought it was about time one came to stay.

Since I wasn't seeing them for sale in the usual places like eBay or Talkbass a change of tactics were needed,emails got sent to anyone who posted about having one. A fella in England agreed to sell one but it was over in the US. 5 months later it was still in the US so I decided to go searching again.

As soon as I decided that a fellow member of the TB contacted me saying one was in his friend's shop,course it got sold before arrangements could be made :( Then I stumbled across Centaur Guitar in Portland,OR :D Things moved pretty quick after that, Jason at the store was on the ball.

8 days and 10,500 miles later this arrived.
RJ IV.JPG
RJ IV.JPG (431.12 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
RJ 2.jpg
RJ 2.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1784 times
RJ 3.jpg
RJ 3.jpg (1002.84 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
It's in fabulous condition and plays like a dream,neck reminds me of the Unity. Haven't had much time to play with the preamp dip switches,hidden away inside the control cavity is not the best position :D It's definitely more red than some,I've saw a few that looked almost pink but that's probably down to camera and computer screen errors.

Very happy Scotsman. Only downside is I've run out of space to list it in my sig :D
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

patriotpv

Re: RJ-IV lands in Scotland

Post by patriotpv » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 pm

WOW that is amazing and gorgeous !!! CONGRATS on the score!!!!!!!!