Hello back with a USA Peavey Bass again

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
Lucky67

Hello back with a USA Peavey Bass again

Post by Lucky67 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Since my Dad bought me my first "Pro" bass for my 21st birthday back in 1988, a beautiful T-40 which sadly was stolen a few years later. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Peavey basses & amps, as the town I grew up in was a Peavey dealer (so these were my first introduction to American made basses). I always wanted another American made Peavey bass (had other Peavey basses made overseas but for me not the same) & last Sunday (2nd July) while having a quick look on eBay UK I found one. :D
An American made 1992 Foundation bass with the Super Ferrite pickups, classic black & maple look, genuine wear and tear (no fake relic) and most of all cheaper than a new Squier :shock: . So as I turn 50 in August I treated myself to an early present, and a blast from my past (always loved Peavey headstocks ) 8)
So yesterday it arrived (well packed) and after a quick clean & tune up it was almost like being back in 1988, with a big daft grin on my face and a US Peavey in my hands 8) . I forgot how thin the necks are on these basses and I read that they weigh about 9lb, "But" mine doesn't feel that heavy thankfully, The truss rod needs a quick turn so taking it to a guitar shop on Saturday to straighten that out. All in all I'm very happy with this bass any other information on it I would be grateful.

Feels good having an American Peavey again :D 8) .

Oren Hudson

Re: Hello back with a USA Peavey Bass again

Post by Oren Hudson » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Congrats. :D
you can't have too much bass

Lucky67

Post by Lucky67 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:37 am

Cheers still getting use to the thin neck :) borrowed a 5/16th socket from work, so will have a look at the truss rod tonight.

Camaro Guy

Post by Camaro Guy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Congratulations on your Foundation. I picked one up on Craigslist a few months ago and really love it. It's the perfect sonic complement to my Fender P-bass.

Lucky67

Post by Lucky67 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Same here my 2014 Am.Std Precision (with flats) has stayed on the stand since I bought the Foundation :D . The Foundation has rounds on it & it sounds great with the SF pickups, defiantly glad I bought it. 8)

Lucky67

Post by Lucky67 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Here is a picture of my 1992 Peavey Foundation it is quickly becoming my main player 8) :D