Applying Logo to Headstock

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
malachi

Applying Logo to Headstock

Post by malachi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:25 pm

Does anyone know how to apply these older decals to the headstock?

If this link will work, here's what the decal looks like.

http://imgur.com/fIeVC8B

Oren Hudson

Re: Applying Logo to Headstock

Post by Oren Hudson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 pm

It's been a while since I've done one, but I think that most decals are waterslides. Dip in water and they slide off of the backing and you place where they need to be. They don't bond instantly, so take your time with positioning and take a wet sponge and gently work out any bubbles or creases until it's in the right position and nice and flat. Let it dry. Sometimes I've sealed with minwax type clear products. I'd probably Google application to verify what I said, but this is how I remember.
you can't have too much bass

malachi

Post by malachi » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Thank you for the response. How about the patent info, should I cut that out since it doesn't belong on the headstock?

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:26 am

Remember to give the decal light coats of lacquer before it goes anywhere near the water.
Makes it easier to handle :D
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

Frank N. Peavey

Post by Frank N. Peavey » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:16 am

I'm pretty sure those are the rub on type, no water required, just some elbow grease.
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

T-63, 5 T-60s, T-20, Hydra, Mantis LT, Mystic, Odyssey, 3 Patriot tremolos, Patriot Bass, 2 Predators, 2 Raptor I, Razer, Reactor, Retro Fire, 3 Rockmasters, 2 Bandits, Backstage, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP 2