Posting for Prosperity Reasons.

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
kodiakblair

Posting for Prosperity Reasons.

Post by kodiakblair » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:50 pm

Wrangling a herd of Peaveys can be quite a task :D

Since I'm not getting any younger and downsizing everything is on the cards I thought I'd post my babies.

Peavey Aberdeen acoustic. Never sold in the US.

Axcelerator 4

My B-Quad, B-90 and Axcelerator 5

Next up my Cirrus. US bolt-on

98 US, Tiger eye custom from 2007, BXP bubinga.

Teal from 2007.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

kodiakblair

Re: Posting for Prosperity Reasons.

Post by kodiakblair » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:58 pm

Moving on up the alphabet

5 string Dynabass

Dynabass/Unity series,Dynabass. Another Unity.

Dynabass Unity series Koa

Forum,Foundation 5,Foundation S

Another 3 Foundations, white had a busted neck so wears a Millennium neck.

Factory Fretless Foundation.

The 3 Furys. 1st,2nd & 3rd Gen

Fury II from Korea
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:21 pm

G next

Here's Grind BXP bolt on. Build and hardware is the same as the short-lived US active Grinds but under the hood it has a G&B version of the Artec MT3 preamp. G&B are a Korean company supplying pickups and preamps to PRS,they also make the Spector Tone Pump and pickups for EMG.

Another BXP Grind,this time the more common neck thru passive. 35" scale,something I'd no inkling of until a few years later :D USA active bolt on Grind 5.Preamps in these are again Korean. And finally the G-bass :) Sometimes called the "poor man's Modulus",this has led to folks thinking the necks on the G series were made by Modulus. It's not true :shock: . B-Quad necks are Modulus,G series necks are Peavey necks wrapped by Bell & Carlson (a gunstock company). If you ever run into Geoff Gould (founder of Modulus) he'll set you straight regarding their non-involvement.

At the other end of the range is a Milestone III and an International. Weird thing about these Internationals is they were marketed in the UK as "Peavey Dynabass/International series" ! That's worth a double :shock: :shock:

Some Millenniums now. Quilt top BXP from China.Tiger eye BXP from Indonesia,Graphite from USA. Messed the order of the photos so there's a Patriot on the right :D
ImageImage

USA Millennium Plus

Order of photos still messed up, Midibase and a Palaedium. Fender used the Palaedium neck when they designed their Geddy Lee jazz bass 8)

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:51 pm

From "R" on up Peaveys get super interesting for me.

RSB Koa. Stands for Rudy sarzo Bass, doubt Rudy had much to do with it but it's a sweet bass none the less :D

RJ-IV or Randy Jackson 4. These came in 3 rather odd finishes and that hurt sales :( Pity, there's a tiny number of Koa models with a 2+2 headstock were made before the RJ series got shelved :( :(

On the left is the Sarzo sig bass and on the right a 2nd gen TL-5. In the middle is a Resolite. Only 4 of the Resolite were made,2 are in the hands of Peavey employees/1 is with an ex-Peavey employee. Dumb luck caused me to find #4 in auction over in the UK.They may look like short scales but they're 34" scale.Super light due to the chambered body,

A 1st gen TL-5 and a TL-6
ImageImage

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Getting to the end now :D

T-20,silly little SC-2 guitar,T-45

3 T40s

My T40 5 string mod

A Void PXD, Zephyr 5, Tragic PXD.

2 Zodiac DE Scorpio and in the middle Zodiac EXP.

The Zephyr 5 was looking a bit too plain for the fine bass it is so threw some bling it's way :D
ImageImage

Compared to the Zephyrs a young fella I know in Germany has it'll always be a plain Jane.

Bleecker

Post by Bleecker » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:14 am

Wow! What a collection! I am envious. Thanks for sharing...

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:55 pm

Bleecker wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:14 am
Wow! What a collection! I am envious. Thanks for sharing...
Thanks.

Don't be too envious. Storage and upkeep on this many basses can be difficult, house moves are a logistics nightmare :)

That's mostly the reason for the post. I'm not getting any younger and plan on a house boat as my final address. The Peaveys number far too many for the move. Thought it best I post while I still had them here.

nhenry

Post by nhenry » Mon May 13, 2019 5:22 am

Awesome collection! Do the houseboat thing while you can...Good luck!

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Sat May 18, 2019 12:29 pm

nhenry wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:22 am
Awesome collection! Do the houseboat thing while you can...Good luck!
Thanks very much. Don't think I'm too far off the boat money so these will need to move soon :(