Peavey Fury II Bass

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
nhenry

Peavey Fury II Bass

Post by nhenry » Fri May 03, 2019 1:55 pm

Just picked up this bass for $100. Has a single active pickup. I'm assuming it's Korean made but would like to find more info. The serial # is r1060469. Anyone have a clue of the year and country of manufacture? Thanks! Nick

kodiakblair

Re: Peavey Fury II Bass

Post by kodiakblair » Fri May 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi Nick
You are correct about Korean manufacture,my Fury II still has the "made in Korea" sticker. Afraid it's impossible to get a build year on these,Peavey don't keep records.Nor do the Koreans,even if they did which number would you use ?

I've a headstock number and another on the neck plate :)

Peavey started Korean builds around 93/94. The hardware and electrics were all Korean but then it was Korean on US models too.Exceptions being brand names like Hipshot. If I remember right the same company providing the preamp also made the preamps for the active US Grind. Possibly the later US Cirrus too.

Not up to opening control cavities tonight for confirmation,sorry :D

The 3 big players in Korea back then were Cort,Samick and Saein,all very capable companies if allowed a proper build budget. Of those only Saein publicly listed Peavey as a client. Saein built Epiphones are highly regarded so it'd be nice to think of the Fury II in the same way.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

nhenry

Re: Peavey Fury II Bass

Post by nhenry » Fri May 03, 2019 8:05 pm

Good info. Thanks very much for your efforts. I really appreciate it!