Another question about speakers

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
DJ.Johnblive

Re: Another question about speakers

Post by DJ.Johnblive » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:51 am

I'm a mobile dj I play house partys clubs weddings family reunions trailrides
music;hip hop r&b swingout zydeco cajun music

crossedwires

Post by crossedwires » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:55 pm

The CS800X would probably be okay for the 115s. I don't think the PV500 has enough oomph to power much of anything these days.

From my perspective, you'd be better off getting a pair of bass bins than trying to replace the woofers in the 115s. If you're really on a budget, you could pick up a pair of PV118s for fairly cheap. They would match your 115s and you pole-mount the 115s right on top of the 118s. The cabinets are reasonable light and are quite compact, which would make them good for a DJ on the move. That being said, they are entry level speakers so you won't be making any one's heart skip a beat, but they would fill in your bottom end nicely.

Do you see yourself doing bigger jobs in the future? Steve may have some input for planning out a system that could be easily expandable down the road.

DJ.Johnblive

Post by DJ.Johnblive » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:42 pm

crossedwires wrote:The CS800X would probably be okay for the 115s. I don't think the PV500 has enough oomph to power much of anything these days.

From my perspective, you'd be better off getting a pair of bass bins than trying to replace the woofers in the 115s. If you're really on a budget, you could pick up a pair of PV118s for fairly cheap. They would match your 115s and you pole-mount the 115s right on top of the 118s. The cabinets are reasonable light and are quite compact, which would make them good for a DJ on the move. That being said, they are entry level speakers so you won't be making any one's heart skip a beat, but they would fill in your bottom end nicely.

Do you see yourself doing bigger jobs in the future? Steve may have some input for planning out a system that could be easily expandable down the road.
I'm going to buy the EU series when funds allow it but like you said pv118 does match the pv 115 so i will just buy those until I can afford the EU series and yes I do plan to play bigger venues in the future but Louisiana is so stuck up.

johnlee112

Post by johnlee112 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:28 am

DJ.Johnblive wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:27 am
SemperFiSound wrote:
DJ.Johnblive wrote:pv115 pair pv 500 peavey cs 800x won't mention my dj rack with cd player mixer and eq because those are not peavey products.
Please give us the complete list...

We are NOT gear snobs and that you are on these forums trying to get it right means you want to learn. These forums are about learning and doing it the "Pro-Audio" way. This is not a Peavey marketing window, although I am sure the references to Peavey do help their sales and also that there is Peavey equipment for EVERY user level helps as well. Your speakers are Peavey, that's what the audience sees. Let's get it right!

However, there is no time for gear/brand bashing. Our collective time is better spent doing something else....

Cheers,
Steve
PV 115 pair
pv 500
peavey cs 800x
american audio velocity
american audio q-2411 pro mixer
2 musicians gear speaker stands
1 Radioshack dual 15 band graphic equalizer
american audio hp 550 headphones
pvi 2 microphone
chauvet led mushroom lights
american 8x4 road case
You can also add "Peavey XR1220 Powered Mixer " to your list.