PV215 tweeter doesn't work

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Rosh

PV215 tweeter doesn't work

Post by Rosh » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:06 pm

I have a pair of PV215 speakers. Yesterday I noticed that a tweeter is no longer working. I bought this pair brand new 1 and half years ago and has never been abused. It has always been in my basement. So far I've done some preliminary troubleshooting by changing the output cables, switching left and right outputs from the amplifier etc...

Can somebody assist me further troubleshoot it ? I have some electronics background and therefore I think I can replace the tweeter if I have to but don't know what the part number or where to get it from. The other thing I'm trying to figure out is whether the issue is with the tweeter itself or something else.

Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated.

Rosh.

Marty McCann

Re: PV215 tweeter doesn't work

Post by Marty McCann » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:49 am

Check the Sound Guard circuit first. Pull out the X-Over input cup and check and see if the automotive light bulb is burned out. There is also a small polyswitch (that looks like a capacitor) that may be open, i.e. no continuity. If these are good check the driver for continuity.

Rosh

Post by Rosh » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:10 pm

Marty thanks for the quick reply.

Have a question about "Pull out the X-Over input cup and check and see if the automotive light bulb is burned out". Is this where the input jack connectors are (back of the speaker) ? or do I have to remove the front grill and the horn to get to it ?

Marty McCann

Post by Marty McCann » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 am

Rosh wrote:Marty thanks for the quick reply.

Have a question about "Pull out the X-Over input cup and check and see if the automotive light bulb is burned out". Is this where the input jack connectors are (back of the speaker) ? or do I have to remove the front grill and the horn to get to it ?
Yes, the input jacks!

Jperalta

Post by Jperalta » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:50 pm

Hello I had the same problem. You still can't hear the tweeter you need to put your right on it to barely hear it. Is it the actual tweeter or could it be a bad connection or component?

Thanks Josh