Old Triflex system specs?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
feety

Old Triflex system specs?

Post by feety » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

I have an old Triflex system (the non-powered mono one in which the satellite speakers fit inside the dual 12" sub)

I'm trying to find out some basic info like what the power handling is, and what the impedance is (both with and without the satellites connected).. A pdf of the manual would be awesome -- searching online only yields results pertaining to the newer powered models.

Thanks for any help!
Original Peavey Triflex
Original Peavey Triflex
PeaveyTriflex.jpg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 7655 times

SemperFiSound

Re: Old Triflex system specs?

Post by SemperFiSound » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:02 pm

In the Peavey archives, under "T"
http://www.peavey.com/support/searchman ... cfm?page=T
there are 3 TriFlex systems sheets.

Here is the link to the 1981 variety:
http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature ... 370224.pdf

Cheers,
Steve
SemperFi Sound; the website
SemperFi Sound On FaceBook
"The Art of War teaches us to rely, not upon the calculated likelihood of
the enemy's coming or not, but on our own readiness to receive him... no
matter what he does." Sun Tzu

feety

Post by feety » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Awesome, thank you!!!

feety

Post by feety » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:48 pm

It's interesting that the spec sheet doesn't list the ohms. Would that not be classified as basic critical info for speakers? Maybe just not in 1981? Anyway -- I need this info because, like most amplifiers, mine will put out significantly more (or less) watts depending on the impedance of the speakers.

I suppose multimeters are cheap enough that I should have one around, but if anyone knows the supposed impedance of these speakers it could save me some trouble in the meantime. Thanks!

feety

Post by feety » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:43 am

Found a picture online of the back of one where the text isn't worn off, it says 4ohms. The satellite speakers don't say anything at all about impedance, so for now I am gonna assume that 4ohms means WITH the satellites plugged in.

igot2dollars

Post by igot2dollars » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Are you interested in selling it?

bjm362

Post by bjm362 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 am

In case anyone is still interested in this thread, I used a friends Triflex system quite a bit back in the 80's.
The Subs at 4 ohms. With the crossover they function at below 250hz. The tops are eight ohms each, or 4 ohms with the pair in parallel as they were designed to be used.
They were pretty good for their time, and are still impressive for the space they consume. I would have liked different drivers for the horns on the tops, but unless you were pushing them to the limit it was not noticeable.

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 pm

We had a set in our local Talent Club's 100-seat "Pickin' Parlor" from 1985 through 1993. They were just perfect for our needs. The satellites were mounted on homemade wall mounts up out of the way and we set one of our stage monitors on top of the sub cabinet, which sat on the floor at the front edge of the stage. So, we got maximum usage from the Triflex with no visual interference. We played many happy notes through that ol' Triflex system.