Update> RX22 replace.

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Gary Rabbitt

Update> RX22 replace.

Post by Gary Rabbitt » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:41 am

Hi guys, quick question, before I order the part.
I have read many of the posts about replacing the 22XT diaphragm. I see some say the RX22 is the 'new' replacement for all 22 series drivers. However, I read a post where they said it would not work, due to the diaphragm hitting the phase plug inside.
(From previous post)
"It is because of these differences that the RX22 diaphragm kit can not be used on previous model 22 drivers (22, 22A, 22Ti, 22XT). If you put try and use it, it will probably bang against the closer surface of the new phasing plug and under go failure."

So when we talk about the 'driver' that is the magnet part? I believe my magnets are from an original 22XT as shown in the attachment.
There is supposedly a new diaphragm that takes care of the distance to the phase plug? Can the RX22 diaphragm I see available all over the place be ok for the older magnets? Part # 3452400 shown below.
I think it was Marty McCann that said there was a replacement for older 22's and the RX22 was not it.

Sorry for being a pest, I just don't want to have the wrong part bumping inside. ;)
Thanks as always. Gary.
==========================================================================================================
UPDATE: Received a message from Shannon from Peavey>
03452400- RX22-22XT Diaphragm Kit

This kit includes the parts to make either of the kits, not both.... This is the correct one that you will need to use.

Thanks, Shannon

I hope she is right, and the part will not bang into the plug like some have mentioned.
22XT driver.jpg
22XT driver.jpg (28.8 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
Attachments
RX22 replacement.JPG
RX22 replacement.JPG (21.94 KiB) Viewed 2624 times

Roger Crimm

Re: Update> RX22 replace.

Post by Roger Crimm » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:56 am

The new version works with both, just be sure to use the included gasket when replacing any diaphragm EXCEPT for the RX22.

http://assets.peavey.com/literature/add ... _30745.pdf
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

Gary Rabbitt

Post by Gary Rabbitt » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:03 pm

Thank you so much Roger for verifying that.
Great products, and I never want to use the aftermarket stuff.
Thanks!

spikeypig

Post by spikeypig » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi - I'm new here so I apologise if I'm going over old ground.
I have a number of peavey boxes that all have 22 series drivers of various sorts in them (22A, 22XT, 22XT+ and RX22)
My question is if I were to replace all the diaphragms (other than the RX22s) with the universal RX22 kit, using the supplied gasket and ferrofluid, would all the drivers sound the same or do the magnet structures of each model impart different sonic characteristics I should be aware of?