wired speaker to wireless speakers

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
p-38mechanic

wired speaker to wireless speakers

Post by p-38mechanic » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:46 pm

a little background to my problem, My church has recently moved to a smaller chapel that doesn't have any kind of a PA system in the room and we have been requested to set one up. Now we have most of everything from the previous building to set one up but I was wondering if there is a way to make a speaker wireless. I have a mixer board, speakers, external power amp, and wires but, to get to the speakers on the other side of the room I would have to run a wire across the center of the room and I want to avoid that, since we are renting the room from another church. the mixer board is a carvin sm162 studio mate the speaker I need wireless is an unpowered speaker so it has 2 NP2C plugs in the back. so what I am looking for is if there is any kind of kit that has a transmitter and receiver that I can plug into the mixer board and speaker. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Josjor

Re: wired speaker to wireless speakers

Post by Josjor » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:01 am

You could use a guitar wireless to go between the mixer and the amp, placing the amp near the speakers. The problem? Well, it's wireless so there is always the chance of a dropout or dead battery in the middle of the service. If you go this route you would definitely want to get a high quality wireless system.

Are you not using any wired mics? Seems to me those wires would have to go from the stage to the mixer as well. Maybe a snake is in your future, one that will handle your mic lines and the return lines to the stage.

You could also consider one of the iPad based mixers. I like the RCF model. It places the interface of the mixer (input and output box) on the stage and allows you to mix from anywhere in the room using an iPad. I use one for my smaller gigs and it is the ultimate in easy set-up in that you don't need an external computer or router. http://mixer.rcf.it/m-18-digital-mixer.html
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:06 am

On occasions, I have used my AKG guitar wireless (UHF model) to run monitor sound to a stage 90 feet away. I have never had a problem with it because a fresh alkaline AA battery will transmit for 11 hours with no sweat. You just have to remember to use fresh batteries.

wireless.speakers

Post by wireless.speakers » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:55 am

Josjor wrote:You could use a guitar wireless to go between the mixer and the amp, placing the amp near the speakers. The problem? Well, it's wireless so there is always the chance of a dropout or dead battery in the middle of the service. If you go this route you would definitely want to get a high quality wireless system.

Are you not using any wired mics? Seems to me those wires would have to go from the stage to the mixer as well. Maybe a snake is in your future, one that will handle your mic lines and the return lines to the stage.

You could also consider one of the iPad based mixers. I like the RCF model. It places the interface of the mixer (input and output box) on the stage and allows you to mix from anywhere in the room using an iPad. I use one for my smaller gigs and it is the ultimate in easy set-up in that you don't need an external computer or router. http://mixer.rcf.it/m-18-digital-mixer.html

Agree!!

wireless.speakers

Post by wireless.speakers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:06 am

p-38mechanic wrote:a little background to my problem, My church has recently moved to a smaller chapel that doesn't have any kind of a PA system in the room and we have been requested to set one up. Now we have most of everything from the previous building to set one up but I was wondering if there is a way to make a speaker wireless. I have a mixer board, speakers, external power amp, and wires but, to get to the speakers on the other side of the room I would have to run a wire across the center of the room and I want to avoid that, since we are renting the room from another church. the mixer board is a carvin sm162 studio mate the speaker I need wireless is an unpowered speaker so it has 2 NP2C plugs in the back. so what I am looking for is if there is any kind of kit that has a transmitter and receiver that I can plug into the mixer board and speaker. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Always check your area then consider the how big is area and the loudest volume to check how far the sounds goes.