RBN's oh holy mother of loud and sweet!

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
lovestoplayloud

RBN's oh holy mother of loud and sweet!

Post by lovestoplayloud » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi forum, I have been a happy Peavey user of some passive 12's for mains and a monitor 12" wedge for a long time now.

HOWEVER, the latest mixing board I have is without internal amp, Presonus 24.4.2ai replacing a Behringer PMP2000.

Leaving me to dig deep and shill out for a pair or RGN's without subbies (for now) and they have arrived and...

H O L Y C R A P !! They sound sweet, HF was never so smoothly translated at high dB's by anything I can recall.

Muahaha, as I get a chance to gig with em I intend to respond back here with further updates.

I is a happy camper!

MacOne

Re: RBN's oh holy mother of loud and sweet!

Post by MacOne » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi! I would like to know if the fans are noisy? I want these speakers to play low background music in the beginning of the evening going into full club mode later on.

Josjor

Post by Josjor » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:08 pm

MacOne wrote:Hi! I would like to know if the fans are noisy? I want these speakers to play low background music in the beginning of the evening going into full club mode later on.
I can't really speak firsthand, but I do know from visiting with my rep that there was an early batch of these that had the fan running full-tilt-boogie all the time. A fairly simple fix and now they are heat sensitive and only run when needed.....in other words, later in the evening when you're cranking at club mode.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Indignant Audio

Post by Indignant Audio » Sun May 14, 2017 3:26 pm

Looking to get a any more info on these. Reviews are scarce. Theyve been in the wild for a while now. Looking to replace 4x SP3BX cabinets. Would love if these would handle the spl, as the second hand price is pretty incedible.