eurosys4

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Goregak

eurosys4

Post by Goregak » Fri May 26, 2017 9:50 am

hi all,
someone gave me a pair of eurosys4 speakers in perfect condition but have no idea what so ever how do i plug them to my amps since they have double plug 1/4 jack and amp is wire clip on. looking for the correct way to connect any diagram or a pic of a specific cable what to buy can be very helpful.
since i have no idea how to connect them at all...
thanks

colliedogboy1

Re: eurosys4

Post by colliedogboy1 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Assuming that the Eurosys4 is simply an 8-ohm passive speaker and that the "double plug 1/4" jacks are simply two jacks in parallel, then get a speaker cable with 1/4" plugs on each end, cut off one of the plugs and strip back the wires on that end. Expose enough of the bare wires to connect onto your wire terminals on the back of your amp. Be certain to connect the "positive" wire to the "positive" terminal screw on your amp, and connect the "negative" wire to the "negative" terminal screw. Some cables use black and white wires-the white one being positive-but some cables may use black and red wires, or blue and white, etc. Determine which wire is your positive and connect them accordingly. You might have to unscrew the barrel of the 1/4" plug and inspect the soldered connections there to see which is positive. The most important thing is that you connect both speakers using the same positive-negative color scheme (wire colors). As long as they are both wired the same, you will not have one speaker "out of phase" with the other. Be certain that you are using speaker cables, not guitar cables or patch cables--they have too little wire inside them to properly power a speaker. By the way, what kind of an amp are you using?