Advice on Peavey Pro 15

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Rhodri123

Advice on Peavey Pro 15

Post by Rhodri123 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:22 pm

I have recently bought two Peavey Pro 15 tops. I went out and hooked them up to a 3,600 amp which was obviously too much power for them and unfortunately i blew them :!: :( or thats what i think that has happened. There is no volume coming out of the top tweeter on them but the 15 inch bass/midrange driver has some audio coming out of it, but it sounds really really bad. Sound like someone hitting a drum really loudly. I had managed to blow my cheap Skytec subs as well that night and i have ordered 2 new drivers for them and still same result so i presume it is the crossover thats gone on them. I know, sounds like a very bad night but it happened! I want to get some advice from you all about this as the drivers for the Peavey speakers cost a lot more than the sub drivers so i want to know is it the driver/twitter thats blown or is it the crossover at the back of the speaker box that has gone as i don't want to waste money buying new drivers when it could be the crossover's that has gone.

Will appreciate any advice given.

Thank you! Rhodri