RBN Speakers in a Sanctuary.

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
colliedogboy1

RBN Speakers in a Sanctuary.

Post by colliedogboy1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:33 pm

Has anyone had experience with any of the RBN speakers in a church sanctuary setting. Sometimes, when it gets really quiet in a sanctuary, the least little amplifier noise can be distracting. I would like to hear from someone who has actually heard the RBNs in such a setting. I have not had an opportunity to hear one at all. I have been told that the clarity of the ribbon driver is exceptional.
Thanks.

lovestoplayloud

Re: RBN Speakers in a Sanctuary.

Post by lovestoplayloud » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:00 pm

Hello and let me reassure you, they are quiet!
Providing you have clean signal from your mixer they have very little hiss or noise, the fans themselves are indeed very quiet. The low level sound quality is also amazing.

I've been using this pair over 3 months now.
Minor drag about them (i do set up and breakdown and travel) is the feet. The base of the unit has 3 rubber feet, and I bumped one completely off. Servicing required speaker removal and a 10 mm wrench with Phillips screwdriver. The rubber simply pulled around the washer without tearing so reattachment was easy. Plus gave me a chance to torque all the woofer screws. (One took! a half turn!)

Also, the 3 foot setup makes it tippy in the back of my suv so I set them top down, for 2 reasons. The top slides on carpet well, and it's stable.