Peavey PV 1500 with broken transformer

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Shanara02

Peavey PV 1500 with broken transformer

Post by Shanara02 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:21 am

HI Experts

I hope you could please Support me with (might be) a simple question:
What is the exact Voltage supply of the AC transformer of the Peavey PV1500 Amplifier of the secondary side (transformer output) ?

I got the Manual and I see, that there are 3 AC connectors:
- The AC connector for the A (TX12, TX13, TX14) and B (TX15, TX16, TX17) channels and
- one 'low voltage' supply (TX9, TX10, TX11)

However, as the amplifier is now silent, I can not identify the supply voltages for testing if it is really only the transformer.
I know, that the 'low voltage' supply (TX9, TX10, TX11) leads to +/- 28V DC --> I Need 20V AC with max 1A (Fuse F402 and F401)

But for A and B channel I have no Voltage Input...??? :?: :roll:
Please help

Enzo

Re: Peavey PV 1500 with broken transformer

Post by Enzo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:42 pm

You need to determine if the transformer is actually defective first. Transformers do fail once in a while but it is VERY rare. In the last 30 years as a Peavey warranty repair shop, I have replaced exactly ONE power transformer in a big Peavey power amp.

Hold the mains plug in your hand, not connected to the mains. Now turn the amp power switch to ON. Then measure resistance between the main prongs of the mains plug. You should see the fairly low resistance of the transformer primary. If you see an open reading, then either the transformer is open, OR there is something amiss in the mains wiring inside the amp. You can go right to the primary wires of the transformer and measure for continuity through the winding.

In series with the mains are the circuit breaker, the power switch, and two thermistors, any one of which can interrupt your power. Also, if you are running on 240v mains, the two primaries are in series, so that means additional connections that could fail.

mrrocky

Re: Peavey PV 1500 with broken transformer

Post by mrrocky » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:31 pm

I also have a problem with transformator,its not working properly and i must make one on my own.
I need voltages of secondary coil, between red yellow red, blue black blue. Thanks !