Peavey only offers the IPR2 now...

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Elliot Thompson

Peavey only offers the IPR2 now...

Post by Elliot Thompson » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:55 am

I was planning to pick up a few more IPR2 7500 (non dsp version) amplifiers in the Spring. I've noticed Peavey no longer promotes the CS Series in addition to the PV Series on their website. I would imagine sales are good on the IPR2 amplifiers to the point it does not make sense to offer the CS Series in addition to the PV Series any longer.

Best Regards,
Elliot

Josjor

Re: Peavey only offers the IPR2 now...

Post by Josjor » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:12 am

Allegedly, the last rumor I heard was that there will be an analog amp offering in the future. The IPR2's are great amps, but I think there are some things the old heavy iron still does better.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Elliot Thompson

Post by Elliot Thompson » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:44 pm

I am using a combination of the two. The IPR2 7500 amplifiers are working in conjunction with my old Crown MA 5000vz amplifiers for sub low applications. From low mid on up it is still old iron.

Best Regards,
Elliot

Peaveypro

Post by Peaveypro » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:35 am

Im not an early adapter and ive been using the CS 3000, 4000, 4080 for many years and theyve been simply bulletproof amps, i do many fairs and festivals, outdoor and hi power hard hitting use. Theyve been workhorses, but a couple years ago I Bought the IPR 7500 to mate up with the Versarray 218s...ground pounding is all i can say, I Now have three IPR 7500 with the DSP, and i use the Wavves MAX BASS,,
After racking these up and pairing them to pairs of Versarray 218s (6) I was impressed at the absolute brute force these amps have, Im an old sound guy, i believe in Iron, but truthfully replacing all my amps by the midsummer will not only end my days of hogging around a 400 lb amp rack, but myself and other engineers will appreciate the tank like power these new amps have.

Ill be swapping out the 3000/4000 with IPR 5000, and same for my monitor rack, again im old school when it comes to amps, but these thing have proved themselves in the heat, cold, load, output, dependable, so really why does Peavey need the old analog amps. Sonically paired up with the Vertsarray 218, using a Shure Beta 91 Kick mic it will hit so hard and not clip....they sound great for Highs, full range, lows, mids whatever your need be, i gotta give a hi five to the engineers who put these together and Peavey, a great solid working mans amp, but also durable enough for sound companys, tours etc, GREAT AMPS. :mrgreen:
Don Lanier
Pearl Pro Audio
Facebook.com/PearlProAudio

Chubbyhotubbi

Post by Chubbyhotubbi » Fri May 12, 2017 9:23 pm

Anyone had issues running a Shure wireless mic with IPR2 3000 amps? I announce rodeos and love the Peavy Amps. A rodeo funnyman was using a Shure cordess mic and when he would mute his mic it would kill all my sound for just a second. He blamed it one my amps, and I think there is a problem with his mic. Not had an issue with any other mics!!!