PV Protege

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Bluezzman12000

PV Protege

Post by Bluezzman12000 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:32 pm

I use a old PV Protege for some shows so I can use the Pitch control and I love sound I get with it .Last Sunday something blew I think due to a power serge .I was going to install rollers on it anyway because they are very heavy.Who can tell me what blew and where I can get it ? I sent one to PV 10 years ago through Intune Music and was told that they could no longer repair it .I think it was only a Pod on that one .The Fews is still good so what would be next in line to blow and the unit won't turn on.Please help out if you can,thanks Bluezzman12000 .I have it apart because I have another Unit I can install in the Cabenet but it's different in that Would have to cut the speaker components to be able to use it like the original but there are no plugs to simply disconnect so I can't use the two speakers for that sound I love.I could connect it and just use the Pitch Control but I want my sound back !

Josjor

Re: PV Protege

Post by Josjor » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:24 pm

That is indeed a blast from the past. I sold a few of these......two and a half decades ago. :lol:

I would call Peavey Customer Service and see if they can work on it for you.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:30 am

It is impossible to say what is wrong. If there is zero sign of life, then we look at the fuse holder, the power switch, all the wiring and connections to the power transformer, etc. it could be any of them. But if there is a sign of life (background hum, anything lights up, motors spin, etc) Thenwe know the mains wiring and transformer have power and we go from there.

Such a specialized product from 20-25 years ago, there may be certain parts no longer available, but that doesn't mean those parts are what is wrong. For instance, pitch shifting circuits woukld likely not be at fault for the thing not turning on.

Prsmit0

Post by Prsmit0 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:28 pm

I have a Peavey Protege for sale. It is in good working condition.