Main/Monitor on rear of XR8600 doesn't work anymore

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Loretta

Main/Monitor on rear of XR8600 doesn't work anymore

Post by Loretta » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Was doing a show last night and noticed I wasn't getting any sound of out of one speaker. After testing all speakers, cables, etc., it was clear it was the main/monitor plug on rear of power amp that isn't working. Rear MainMain works fine. Brought it home to test with other speakers and cables, just to be sure, still nothing.

Had machine for 2 years now with no issues prior to last night. Currently sitting on floor with casing off but not sure what I am looking for.

Any ideas or suggestions to get this working again?

Loretta

colliedogboy1

Re: Main/Monitor on rear of XR8600 doesn't work anymore

Post by colliedogboy1 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:47 pm

If it's still under warranty, I would take it back to the dealer for factory repair. Usually, the dealer will give you a loaner until your unit gets back.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:38 pm

We usually repaired them locally, rather than shipping cross country and back.

Look right side front panel, the power amp mode switch. Make sure it is still set to main/main. If the switch is pushed in, that assigns that monitor side to the monitors, and if those are not turned up, you hear nothing. The switch is recessed, so you push it with a toothpick or some other small object.

Loretta

Post by Loretta » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am

Thanks Enzo, talked with someone who gave me the same advice. Will try that once I put it back together again. Going to clean the contacts since I have it open anyways but worse case, I can give to my buddy to have a look as well if this doesn't work. Thx again!