Connection

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
choochoo

Connection

Post by choochoo » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi all.
I recently acquired some peavey audio equipment for a school kids club. It's 1 peavey IPR 1600, 1 peavey IPR 3000 DPS, 6 peavey PVx 12's and 2 Peavey 118 subs. How do I connect the 2 amps together and run all 8 speakers? Can I just use Y splitters in each channel to connect all 8 speakers? 2 speakers per channel.
All are 8 ohm 400 watt.

Thanks for any info.

Josjor

Re: Connection

Post by Josjor » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:23 pm

You probably will be MUCH better off NOT hooking up all 6 PV112's. Unless you're using them in separate rooms, you'll just end up with a lot of cancellations/couplings that will make it sound like crap.

But you'll probably do it anyways. :D :roll:

You can either daisy chain the cabinets (plug into the first cabinet and then out of that cabinet into the next one and so on) three cabinets on each channel or....
Make a patch bay that splits the single speaker out on each channel into three different speaker outs.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

choochoo

Post by choochoo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:46 pm

Hi thanks for the reply. This will be an outside venue most of the time. After hooking the equipment up, It sounds great. I used each channel for 2 speakers each. Connected both amps together, 2 twelves on each channel of the IPR 1600 and dialed the IPR 3000 DSP channel A for 2 12's full range and Channel B for the PV118 subs. Cranked it up and no clipping or distortion. If anyone feels there is a better way, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

AlexianaBritmonkey

Post by AlexianaBritmonkey » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Just make sure you don't blow stuff up. Peavey amps do have overheating protection but the older ones tend to be a bit mean to speakers. :)