Peavey CS800

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Carlosraj7

Peavey CS800

Post by Carlosraj7 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:52 am

This Peavey CS800 had not been used for a long time. A few days back, I took out the amp, cleaned it dismantle the the preamp and power amp boards. All the power and driver transistors are OK. I checked all the diodes, transistors and resistors on both the preamp boards and they seem OK. I did not check only the capacitors. I did some resoldering here and there and cleaned all the contacts and sockets. I put back everything and turned on the amp. After about 3 to 4 secs, both the relays turned on and the green power LEDs are on. I tried switching the amp ON and OFF a few times, connected the signal and speakers and both channels work fine. The next day, when I turned on the amp, it refuse to turn on, the fan is working, but both the relays and the green power LEDs are OFF. After about 5mins, the right relay and power LED turned on, but it took about 15mins for the left relay and power LED to turn ON. Once both channels have turned ON, then switching the amp ON and OFF repeatedly at time intervals is not a problem .Both channels turn ON within 2secs. Then the same problem repeats, when turning the amp ON the next day. After the 10 to 15 mins delay, the amp comes back to normal operation. Is the problem on the power amp board, preamp board or the power supply board. Please assist.

Thanks

jefflaf

Re: Peavey CS800

Post by jefflaf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:36 am

I'd suggest to recheck all of your soldering. You either have a part that flicks on once it has warmed up or, a bad solder joint that connects when things heat up. When it is cold, you should be able to poke the boards with something non conductive, and see if you can mimic the heating up board warp. Also make sure any cables from one board to another board are well seated and dust free. Contact cleaner is useful on them, like deoxit.

On a side note, it is hard on electronics to be switched on and off rapidly, I hope this isn't what you're describing you are doing here. Anyways, have fun with your boat anchor. I have a CS-400... a CS-800 must be stinking heavy.

ostondj

Re: Peavey CS800

Post by ostondj » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:58 pm

como solucionaste el problema yo estoy con el mismo problema pero encontre unos termistores en reventados y al cambiarlos funciono de nuevo