Peavey 32FX mixer board issue

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
jim h

Re: Peavey 32FX mixer board issue

Post by jim h » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:21 am

The part you located will work...nothing really special about it, just a generic capacitor.

vegito

Post by vegito » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:17 am

Fix of JimH really works i have applied it on my friend mixer and also when i had a FX16. 2 mod's resistor and cap add on the DSP board. When it was opened i also replaced the broken faders that was a real pain to get them out :roll: .

Titipong

Post by Titipong » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:26 am

Thanks for the feedback. I have seen that many other Peavey FX Mixer' users had the same issue and solved it thanks to Jim fix. :)
I will implement it.

I have received an answer from peavey concerning this issue. Without having see my mixer, they can't be definite on the solution, but they think that the efx PCB shall be changed : PCB + workforce = 500€ ! :?
No comment...

vegito

Post by vegito » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:14 am

Its a know problem that has been corrected in a later stadium but they also develop the FX2 after that with bigger CPU power and also redesign the DSP section.

Titipong

Post by Titipong » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:09 pm

jim h wrote:I will email you the instructions.
Thank you Jim !

I have followed your instructions, and it works :D
My mixer seems to be fully functional again.

Incredible that Peavey does not officially recognize this bug. It is clearly a defect of design: the fix should be offered for free, instead of proposing a change of the FX board (500 €!) as I was made ...

Thanks again, I was almost decided to buy a new mixer...

vegito

Post by vegito » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:50 am

Jimh is the designer of this board ofcourse with a team but he has some part in it.

Edge80

Post by Edge80 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:32 am

jim h wrote:I will email you the instructions.
Hi Jim, would you be able to email me the instructions as well? My 32fx left channel's gain has been lower than my right channel. Hopefully this can fix it. Thanks.

jim h

Post by jim h » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 am

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to fix your board. The normal symptom is, the left and right main outputs mute at random times, caused by an overly sensitive on/off transient suppression circuit. The fix for this was implemented in to our factory production in Feb of 2011.

Your problem, sounds more like worn or broken faders, but it is hard to tell without actually seeing the mixer.

I would still recommend performing this modification, if it's not already on your board. I can email you the mod and you can compare it to what you have.

Jim

Edge80

Post by Edge80 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:59 am

jim h wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to fix your board. The normal symptom is, the left and right main outputs mute at random times, caused by an overly sensitive on/off transient suppression circuit. The fix for this was implemented in to our factory production in Feb of 2011.

Your problem, sounds more like worn or broken faders, but it is hard to tell without actually seeing the mixer.

I would still recommend performing this modification, if it's not already on your board. I can email you the mod and you can compare it to what you have.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

niek

Post by niek » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:16 am

Postby jim h » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:24 am

... The normal symptom is, the left and right main outputs mute at random times, caused by an overly sensitive on/off transient suppression circuit. The fix for this was implemented in to our factory production in Feb of 2011.

Jim
That's exactly what happening here on the 32FX (manufactured before 2011) that is used for band practice and live performance.

@Jim: Please, can you mail the fix so I can repair the mixer ??

Was happy to find the new firmware on this forum. Running latest firmware now :D

Update: received the fix from Jim and applied the fix. Everything still works :D , next friday the big test when band uses the mixer for practice. I think that getting the resistor on the board is a little tricky because the soldering points are very (!) small, the capacitator is easy to do.

Thanks for the fix Jim !!
Last edited by niek on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

kloky

Post by kloky » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Hello from Croatia!
I have been using 24FX for quite some time in my church and I'm having the same problem for about a year long.
(mains cuts off for no obvious reason)
It's pretty frustrating when you lose your main speakers during the service :(
Have been pounding on the right side of the mixer for getting it to start working again.

So I would be very thankfull to you Jim or anyone else if you could forward me that mod/fix on the DSP board?
My mail is kloky [at] inet . hr

Btw, where can I buy a fader for the same mixer?
Got one that bugs me. Maybe it could be cleaned or sprayed with some "contact spray"?

MUCH TNX

wally

Post by wally » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:28 am

Hi Jim H,
I'm also experiencing the intermittent problem with the mains shutting off on my 32fx mixer. Will you please email me the instructions for resolving the on/off mute circuit problem? Do you have schematics for this mixer that you could also email me? Or possibly send me a link for downloading it? Thank-you for your time.
Wally

rony albert

Post by rony albert » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:39 pm

I would also like to have schematics as an email because it will give me ease to understand more efficiently. Thanks
SCHRemedies

diez

Post by diez » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:09 am

I have a similar problem with our fx 32 Master channel...no sound...can I have those instruction...

my email [email protected]

await patiently...
Last edited by diez on Fri May 12, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

adrya87

Post by adrya87 » Tue May 09, 2017 2:27 am

I have a similar problem with our fx 32 Master channel...no sound...can I have those instruction... by mail or pm?