Monitors input outputs

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Carew

Monitors input outputs

Post by Carew » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:52 am

I purchased a used Peavey PV 20 USB Mixer and I understand the "main speakers" are connected via for connections, how do I connect the monitors from the mixer board to the power amp, seeing how there is only 2 channels on the amp.. can I go from "monitor out" on the board and connect to one of the channels on the amp..?
I just need to know, basically, is how to connect 2 main speakers, and two monitors, using one power amp.. I got a new Crown 2002 power amp.. 2 channels..
Thanks for any replies.. I am new at unpowered mixers..

colliedogboy1

Re: Monitors input outputs

Post by colliedogboy1 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 am

Typically, on a 2-channel amp, you connect the "Main Out" of the mixer to channel A (or channel 1) of the amp, and connect the "Monitor Out" to channel B (or channel 2) of the amp. Then, connect your main speakers (usually 2 of them) to channel A (1) speaker outputs of the amp and connect your monitor speakers (usually 2 of them) to channel B (2) speaker outputs of the amp. Normally, you do not connect more than two 8-ohm speakers to either side of any amp, so as to avoid straining the amp and causing it to overheat and shut itself down.