Headphones with PV 10AT

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Terry P

Headphones with PV 10AT

Post by Terry P » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:24 am

I want to use headphones to listen to and adjust the mic and music levels. If I use the headphone jack on the mixer I have to press solo on the music and mic then the adjustments I make on the controls make no difference in what I hear through the headphones. Without pressing the solo you really can't hear anything through the headphones. Tried using one of the main outputs but got nothing. Would I be able to use the main output if I used a headphone amplifier? If that would work, what kind of amplifier would I need?

colliedogboy1

Re: Headphones with PV 10AT

Post by colliedogboy1 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:30 pm

What is it you are trying to hear--the "AUX" mix? Be sure you don't solo two different systems at once. You should be able to hear the mix of any of the channels coming out the main speakers by soloing the channel solos you are interested in; but then, you can hear the same mix coming from your main speakers and that is a more realistic way to hear it. If you are trying to hear the mix going to your monitor speakers, then press "solo" on only the Aux mix. As you change the aux mix by using the channel aux knobs, it should be reflected in your headphones.