XR1220 low output amp 1

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
cycleway4

XR1220 low output amp 1

Post by cycleway4 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 am

Hi all...my first post here with a problem after many years a forum follower, and occasional help responses to others. After 8 years using a Peavey XR2012,..I bought one of the very first "new" XR1220's. It has been fantastic, with hundreds of hours of use doing community events here and church events, and a few weddings and reunions. Until this July 4th... Setting up for July 4th, I had very low output on AMP 1,..and it was slightly distorted. Didn't matter if the signal was coming from the Left Main, or Monitor 1 (I generally always configure the mode switch to MON 1 / Mains / with SUB at times...) Nearing the deadline time for sound-checks, I hooked up a PV900 to the monitor 1 send,..and all was well.

My question is, and I have searched the forums,..I see this similar problem brought up in the past by others,...but no definite repair or fix ever listed....would someone have a best guess as to what the repair might be?

thanks,..
Steve
AlleghanySound

cycleway4

Re: XR1220 low output amp 1

Post by cycleway4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:29 pm

For those who may be interested,...decided to try a power supply/amp PCB assembly on my XR1220...and its fixed. as good as new. Also, as well as being fixed,...a change must have been made to the fan control circuit,...as it now runs at what seems to be full speed at all times...no problem with that, probably a good thing. Very easy to swap out,...took maybe 30 minutes.

jim h

Post by jim h » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 am

I'm glad to here that fixed your problem, however, the fan should not be running at full speed.

If you're ok with it running that way, then it's probably not a problem. But I have to warn you, it will reduce the lifespan of the fan.

cycleway4

Post by cycleway4 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks for that info on the fan.....I believe I will go with it as-is...will be more conscious to it always being operational.