New to this.......

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Ajadln

New to this.......

Post by Ajadln » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:53 pm

I recently bought a setup that includes the mixer, x over, eq,.... When I connect the mixer(PV RSM 4062) to the x over, only one(#16) "volume" slide works. I can change the "volume" of all 16 connections with the x over, just not on the mixer. I have connected my other mixer and haven't had any problems. I noticed that the x over has master(ch 1) and inactive(ch 2), should I only connect the ch 2? Previous owner had labeled all connecting points, and based on my small amount of research, I have the whole thing set up correctly. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for my lack of correct terms.

colliedogboy1

Re: New to this.......

Post by colliedogboy1 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Do you have all the channels assigned (with the tiny buttons by the slider) to the "L/R" mix, which I assume is your mix for the main speakers? If not, assign all channels to the "L/R" and un-assign them from all subgroups (1/2 and 3/4). That way, you won't get tripped up with the assignment configurations of the subgroups. Use your Left Output XLR jack for signal to your main speakers. It's just a simpler way to set it up.
It sounds as if you are only using one side of the crossover--channel one--right? If so, then you must not need a crossover. Normally, one channel of the crossover would send the low frequencies to a powered subwoofer and the other channel would send the mids/highs to your "top" speakers, such as a set of SP2s or PV115s, etc. If you can manage to get sound from all channels, then just go through your equalizer to your amp to your speakers. If you want a stereo setup, you will need to use both Left and Right outputs from the mixer, and you'll need a dual 15-band or 31-band equalizer to feed left and right signals into a stereo amp such as a CS-800, IPR3000, for instance.

Ajadln

Post by Ajadln » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Thanks! My original problem ended up being misplaced main outs. New problem is that I am using both sides of the x over but cannot get the lows and mids to work together, unsure if amps need adjusting. Will look at it more in the morning.

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:07 pm

I didn't get the setup right for a simple split of one signal into highs and lows. My brain automatically went to the setup for an "Aux-fed" subwoofer, which uses both channels of a two-channel crossover. For a split of one signal you would only need to use channel 1 to separate your highs and lows at the crossover frequency you choose. That would let you use the channel 1 "Low" output on the rear of the crossover to send signal to your sub amp or powered subwoofer. Then, you would use the channel 1 "High" output to send signal to your top speakers. Be sure the crossover mode button is set to "Stereo 2-Way" and not to "Mono 3-Way".

Ajadln

Post by Ajadln » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:18 pm

There is no selection for stereo or mono, the crossover does the selection based on how its hooked up.