16FX (OLD TYPE) USB Recording Issues

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
ethandstern

16FX (OLD TYPE) USB Recording Issues

Post by ethandstern » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi All,

I have read all the posts I can find on this topic and (I think) I have tried all of the suggestions.

My rig: 16FX mixer (with fixed analog mute circuit, has latest firmware updates), Windows 10 Pro, Audacity 2.1.3 (current version)

I set sample rate to 48kHz and bit depth to 24 per Peavey manual. (I also tried many of the other driver and sample rate/bit depth combinations)
I record either stereo or mono (doesn't matter) from the mixer and Audio tracks appear in Audacity.
I play back the files and they sound highly distorted and play at a faster than normal speed.
If I play GOOD audio through the PC to the mixer (via the same USB cable), the transmission works great--no sync/decoding issues.

Is there a particular driver I should be using (it auto-installed when I connected the mixer)?

Have tried:
MME, WindowsDirectSound and Windows WASAPI "Host" setting in Audacity
Different combinations of sample rate
All board effects and processing OFF (CPU idles at 3% load)
Streaming only one direction (input sound coming from mixer, but output sound through computer sound card)

Now I'm using Rec Out to my computer mic input, which just makes me sad. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

ethandstern

Re: 16FX (OLD TYPE) USB Recording Issues

Post by ethandstern » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:21 pm

UPDATE: Jim_H suggested trying a USB 2.0 port. I tried, but it did not fix my issue. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Wooferhound

Re: 16FX (OLD TYPE) USB Recording Issues

Post by Wooferhound » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:31 pm

The MIC input on your computer is too sensitive to record the output of that mixer
You need to use a LINE IN jack which will accept the stronger output that mixer has
I think there are Mic settings in Audacity, and your computers Control Panel may be able to change your MIC input into a LINE input
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----