Fx24 mixer hooking up a 2ch 31 band eq FOH

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
drivond

Fx24 mixer hooking up a 2ch 31 band eq FOH

Post by drivond » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 pm

I hooked up my eq from
1.left main output to ileft input to eq
Same for right side
Output from eq to amp both sides
Output from amp to speakers

The problem is if you mess with the main
sliders it affects the eq signal
Thx
Dan

colliedogboy1

Re: Fx24 mixer hooking up a 2ch 31 band eq FOH

Post by colliedogboy1 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Sounds like you had it hooked right in the first instance. What happens to the EQ signal when you raise or lower the main sliders on your mixer?

drivond

Post by drivond » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:26 am

When raising or lowering the main sliders the EQ signal goes up or down I would prefer that it not change.

Stryker57

Post by Stryker57 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:21 pm

not sure what your meaning... if you side the main left and right sliders up the signal to the eq increases?

if thats what you are saying, i belive thats how the mixer is designed to operate,

however the greatest thing about the fx series is it has many different options for it to be run so we'll need a few more details on what is going on and what your desired result is ,before we can offer suggestions to solve your problem

in short though ..
however you hooked it up without the eq ....
it should run identical as long as you simply inserted the eq into the chain between the mixer and amp.

but if this is your 1st time setting it up we''ll need more info .

drivond

Post by drivond » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 am

Hello
When the master level faders on the mixer increase in volume the external eq signal level on the eq increases, just the opposite when you lower the master level faders on the mixer. I want the eq level to be adj on the limiter knob on the eq only my understanding is that it is possible to run a tip,ring,sleeve from the main output incerts 1/4" TRS on the mixer than plug the male and female xlr into the input and output on ea channel on the eq the output from the eq is a return to the mixer. The main outputs are run directly to the amp I cannot get a signal from the mixer to the eq. Do the incert output channels need to be turned on?

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:35 pm

If you want to EQ the whole mix, you need only connect the mixer's Main Output into the EQ's input, then connect the EQ's output to your amp's Main Input. It's like water flowing down a creek--there is no return to the mixer involved.
If you wanted to EQ a single channel, then you would use an Insert Cable on the "Insert" jack on that channel to send signal to the EQ (input) and return it (EQ output) back to that single channel.