Connecting PV FX32 to Marantz pmd602a to a Sony Cam CX675

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
MNMindbender

Connecting PV FX32 to Marantz pmd602a to a Sony Cam CX675

Post by MNMindbender » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:27 pm

My church has a Peavey FX32 Mixer with multiple mics inputted to the mixer with Main outputs controlling speakers in two rooms. I have attempted to video/sound record sermons and choir, but background noise over rides the good video. I tried a medium quality torpedo mic, but it was ok, but background noise was still not acceptable. I recently received some advice to connect through the Marantz to the mixer. I downloaded the Peavey Manual. ?What outputs on the Peavey can the 2 cables from the Marantz be connected to that will provide outputs from several mics (mixed) and not interfered with the Main controls of output to speakers? Thanks for comment.

colliedogboy1

Re: Connecting PV FX32 to Marantz pmd602a to a Sony Cam CX675

Post by colliedogboy1 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Here's what we have been doing at my church for years: We send the video signal from our Sony camcorder to the video inputs of a Sony DVD Recorder.
We send an "Auxiliary" output from our mixer to the audio inputs of the Sony DVD Recorder. You will need to listen to that auxiliary audio output mix through a set of headphones to be sure your mix is good. Once you get it mixed like you want it, it pretty much remains set that way. You might sometimes need to adjust a singer's mic for loud vs soft voices, or you might get a CD track that's louder than another. But, by and large, the mix is easy to maintain. I can set these two particular sources during early Sunday morning sound check.
Anyhow, this setup gives you consistent noise-free sound to your DVD recordings. You are making DVDs as the end product, right?
If you just want to record good audio to the camera itself, the same mixer output should work by going through the Marantz to your camera.
The FX mixer aux outputs are TRS, so you can buy some short 12" TRS/XLR adapter cables to go into your Marantz. Mixer/Marantz/Camera.