Build you own master pedalboard power supply on the cheap

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
65 SG

Build you own master pedalboard power supply on the cheap

Post by 65 SG » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Thought I'd share how to do this and, instead of a lengthy post, see attached PDF 8)

Enjoy
Attachments
DIY PowerSupply.pdf
Do It Yourself Pedal Power Supply
(307.47 KiB) Downloaded 3674 times
'03 SG Special, '08 LP Special DC, '60s Dano/Silvertone, Epi Moderne, Epi EB-0, '60s Telestar semi-hollow,
Classic 20 w/6V6 mod, much modded VK112, Windsor Studio combo, Transtube Envoy II, '61 Reverberocket

MikeScott

Re: Build you own master pedalboard power supply on the chea

Post by MikeScott » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 pm

This is great, I have been holding out for while on a voodoo lab or one spot, just couldn't see shelling out that kind of money. this weekends project 8) :D

Wooferhound

Post by Wooferhound » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Be careful when working with Wall-Wart transformers, it is real easy do disable them. If the transformer is powered up and the output wires touch or short out in any way, it will blow an internal safety fuse which is not normally user replaceable. They are soldered in place and you will need to destroy the black plastic case to change that fuse.
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----

marcsandoval

Post by marcsandoval » Wed May 15, 2013 4:47 am

wow. I've been looking out for this!. Thanks for sharing!click

ToddS

Re: Build you own master pedalboard power supply on the cheap

Post by ToddS » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Real nice DIY tutorial. I'm planning on building one this week. Thanks!

However, I am wondering why you're telling people to hook up their multimeter leads to their wall warts with the polarity reversed, and then to expect a NEGATIVE voltage reading? I realize that IN PRACTICE there's no difference, but there's probably a couple newbies on here scratching their heads. You should have kept all the polarities correct in your instructions, and dealt strictly with positive voltage numbers, especially considering how critical the polarity REALLY is on these pedals.

Thanks