No sound out of Profex II

This forum is for discussions on the various types of Peavey processors and effects.
gtrlw

No sound out of Profex II

Post by gtrlw » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:42 pm

I bought a Profex II and restored it to factory presets immediately. However, when I press the play button nothing happens and the screen won't show a preset. The screen remains on the home screen no matter what buttons I press. Can anyone help me out? I can return it if necessary but would prefer not to if I can get it to work.

colliedogboy1

Re: No sound out of Profex II

Post by colliedogboy1 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Have you found the manual for your profexII on this website? It's under Support> Owners Manuals> Archived Manuals> the letter "P"> ProfexII.
It's a 48-page manual that should answer your questions.

gtrlw

Post by gtrlw » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:43 am

Thanks for your response. The Profex II came with an original copy of the manual. Per the manual pressing play twice should put you in preset mode. However, nothing happens when I press the play button.

colliedogboy1

Post by colliedogboy1 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:44 pm

All I know about those ProFex units is that the internal batteries will eventually go bad and corrode things around them. Possibly, yours is in the early stages of going bad. ?? Wait for a response here from one of the pros in the next few days.

fenderonly

Post by fenderonly » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:39 am

If it stays on the home screen then it did not properly re-initialize. It should in fact go to a preset after int says something like "Memory Initialized to Factory presets"

Did you ever get this unit to reset like that? If after that the unit can then go to presets but has no audio then it likely would have battery leakage that is keeping the outputs muted.

If you get it going I would get a battery-less memory chip from my website and never worry again about a bad battery!

Ken Fox

http://foxvintageamps.com/classic_green_011.htm